Forums Days of Our Lives Characters Needed on the Canvas
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    2899 Posts

The following is a list of characters I’d like to see back on the canvas in a recurring, supporting capacity (such as current recurring players Justin, Adrienne, Doug and Julie). These characters should be on the show not driving their own stories but supporting characters currently on the canvas.

1) Melissa
    In reality, Melissa should have returned to Salem and moved into Maggie’s house after Mickey died when her son Nathan was still on the canvas. However, there is still room for Melissa on the canvas. Melissa could move into Maggie’s house (since Maggie’s living with Victor) and become a sounding board for her mother. For the past few years, Days has focused on the grandmother/daughter relationship between Maggie and Melanie while Maggie’s own children were overlooked. That should be rectified. And Melissa could get to know her new brother Daniel. Also, Hope, Jennifer and Melissa were all close in the past. Melissa could support her cousins and provide a shoulder for them to cry on, all while providing a different Horton perspective.

2) Celeste
    Celeste is a great supporting character. With her psychic premonitions, Celeste is excellent at foreshadowing story. Lexie has not had her mother to support her since before Theo’s autism diagnosis! Celeste could keep Lexie in line if her daughter becomes too influenced by her DiMera biology. Celeste’s sexual history with Stefano could be threatening to Kate. Also, Celeste and Caroline had a friendship that should be mined. I’d love to see Caroline bitch to “Frankie” about Victor and Maggie. I’d have the Salem PD hire Celeste on a freelance basis to assist in cases using her psychic powers. Contrary to popular belief, Celeste is not a campy character and would easily fit in with the current Days crew. She is not over the top like OLTL’s resident psychic Madame Delphina.

3) Anna
    With Carrie back, it would be interesting to explore the dynamics of the Anna/Carrie/Marlena relationship. Let’s face it, Marlena is more of a real mother to Carrie than Anna has ever been. I’d love to see Anna, spurred by her insecurity and jealousy, become an overbearing mother to try to make up for what she lost with Carrie.

4) Laura and Bill
    With Jennifer and Abby back (and with Lucas returning), Days should bring these two back, because Jenn could use her parents. The Bill/Lucas dynamic has never really been explored, and this would provide a great opportunity. Also, a Stefano/Kate/Bill/Laura quad would be quite interesting, especially given Stefano and Laura’s history (not to mention the Kate/Laura rivalry). Marlena and Laura used to be good friends, and Salem could always use another psychiatrist! Imagine the dynamics if Lucas went to therapy for his alcoholism and had Laura for a shrink. Also, I don’t think Days currently has a Horton working at the hospital—that’s unbelievable! Move Bill and Laura back to Salem and have them support their family members.

Again, these characters would be back on a non-contract capacity and wouldn’t drive or dominate stories. They’d essentially be used the way Justin and Adrienne support Jack and Victor, or Doug and Julie support Hope and Jennifer.

Profile photo of akbad806akbad806
    243 Posts

Celeste is a definitely yes!!!! Tanya Boyd slaughters in this amazing role and she would bring me home to Salem. I would a butchered between her and Kate. Maybe have her and Stefano have a torrid affair…

Laura and Bill would be great too. I miss the Horton presence as well and feel we need some of them from the Days of yore.

Profile photo of david46208david46208
    826 Posts

I’ve been saying Celeste an Lucas as characters that were most needed to return. But has anyone said that Celeste was over-the-top or too campy? I never thought so.

But I would go a it further. I’d create a Kate/Stefano/Celeste love triangle. The influence Celeste could still have over Stefano given that they have a child together and a history could threaten Kate’s position as Stefano’s number #1 Stunner! Kates Jealously would ensue and maybe she even warning Celeste that Stefano is all hers and Celeste laughing it off like “bitch if I wanted him I could have him, but I have zero interest in getting back into the devil’s lair.”

Then as a rivalry was building up between Lexie and EJ, where Lexie started the decent back into Alexandra Dimera; that this would cause Celeste to spend more time trying to thwart the Dimera effect and thus bringing her in contact with Stefano more.

2899 Posts

Kill off Lexie?! That is ridiculous! There is so much that can be done with the character. Boring old Abe needs to be killed off.

826 Posts

Spacebook1: We figured out who you really are Mr. Crane under another name. All the same responses. Um Hummm…Stop trolling!

826 Posts

Blasphemy! You don’t kill one of the top 5 actresses on the show and the only black woman in Salem. Lexie is an important part of the canvas. She is the link between the good and bad of the Dimera family. And with the lack of diversity in daytime no black characters can be killed at this point. They need more screen time. Right now Renee Jones is the best black actress in daytime next to Debbie Morgan who is currently airing. So she don’t need to go the way of Isabella. We don’t to copycat storylines again!

What does need to happen is that Theo should be aged and allow him to only have very mild autism, where it is virtually undetectable. Also age Caria and put them into relationship. But have Theo being swooned in by the Dimera side of his family. And allow that to be one of the main conflicts within the Carver family.

Profile photo of SoapArmageddonSoapArmageddon
    397 Posts

If there’s going to be any killing off of important characters, I’d go with Roman Brady. He should be the one character that has a homophobic reaction to his grandson Will’s coming out, but I doubt we’ll ever see it. Played by Wayne Northrop, this character was an essential part of Days. Played by Josh Taylor, he barely registers on the screen.

If Days ever dared to kill off Alexandra Dimera Carver, I’d go into furious e-mail writing mode to NBC and Sony.

2899 Posts

Josh Taylor is a waste of a contract. Roman is such a stupid, lame character under him. Bring Wayne back and turn Josh back into Chris Kositchek if you must.

Profile photo of marknsprmomarknsprmo
    407 Posts

Would love to have Wayne back as the real Roman Brady. He has been back burned way too long. I want to see the sponky, hyperactive smart detective that he was in the 80s. They dumbed down this role sooo much to prop up John and now that John has his own stuff, it is time to revitalize Roman.

I would also love for Bill to ride into town and shake up the new Kiriakis couple. Maggie and Victor need a spoiler and who better than her dead husband’s brother? Backburned stand around and comfort Jen? Never! Bring in the real Bill. The one who would argue with a stick, who was passionate and driven! That is what I want to see

And MORE DOUG AND JULIE!

Profile photo of gato1gato1
    16 Posts

Celeste was over the top (in a really good way), and I wish she and Lucas would come back.

the thoery of opposites
    Profile photo of Blondies WaiterBlondies Waiter
    2 Posts

With all the romance coming back into Salem, a visit from Liz Chandler – Gloria Loring, is long over due. Her songs where the backdrops to so many couples. Time to open a Blondies in the new town square…maybe her daughter Noel can show up too!

Profile photo of Terry_GyimahTerry_Gyimah
    183 Posts

Jeremy Horton for sure, the Hortons could always use an outsider, the black sheep of the family which is clearly what Jeremy was, and Jeremy the last time he was in town I thought that when he was leaving, he was really on the corner of turning over a new leaf and if he is back, they can explore that and bring Jeremy back and put him with Melanie

2899 Posts

I’d also like to see a recast Eric Brady return and rekindle his romance with Nicole. It would be fun to have Sarah Horton on the canvas too. I’d also enjoy seeing Andrew and Jeannie Donovan, Shane and Kim’s kids.

183 Posts

[quote=Spacebook1]I’d also like to see a recast Eric Brady return and rekindle his romance with Nicole. It would be fun to have Sarah Horton on the canvas too. I’d also enjoy seeing Andrew and Jeannie Donovan, Shane and Kim’s kids.[/quote]

Josh Kelly who plays Cutter Wentworth on One Life to Live as a recast Eric Brady, and have Eric return to Salem

Eric comes back to Salem after all these years of being away from Salem, and that he is going to announce to his family that he is getting married and that his fiancee is a girl he met while he has been in Colorado, and his fiancee is a new character on canvas but we quickly find out that Eric’s new fiancee isn’t what she seems, we find out she is on the phone with someone and she says she is going through with the plan and that Eric has no idea, Eric’s fiancee she is a con artist and Nicole will then find out the truth and try to tell Eric but he doesn’t believe her

And as Sarah Horton, I would cast Jennifer Ferrin who played Jennifer Munson on As The World Turns to play Sarah

Andrew Donovan should be Trent Garrett, Andrew as a new love interest for Abby

Jeannie Donovan should be Kristen Alderson and she comes on to be a new love interest for Chad

Profile photo of harlee490harlee490
    957 Posts

Casting News Jeremy Horton!! @Terry_Gyimah…You got your wish Days is putting out a casting call for Jermey Horton. This is coming from SOD:

New Contract Role On DAYS
    By SOD • Posted: Dec 12, 2011

DAYS is casting Jeremy, a 25-to-28-year-old contract African American male. Jeremy (whose name will likely change in light of the role Trevor Donovan played) is described as a gorgeous medical resident, “charming, charismatic and appealing to women. He is strong, masculine and soulful. He has seen pain in his life that has made him very hesitant to trust and fall in love.” Look for this newcomer to have some interesting family ties

http://soapoperadigest.com/content/new-contract-role-days

Profile photo of SoapArmageddonSoapArmageddon
    397 Posts

It seems they’re casting a Jeremy, but not Jeremy Horton. Jeremy Horton’s parents are Dr. Michael Horton and Dr. Robin Jacobs, who is Jewish and lives in Israel.

Profile photo of akbad806akbad806
    243 Posts

I bet the Hortons or Brady’s are bout to have a black grandbaby come out of the woodwork….

183 Posts

Scotty Banning, he is Julie’s grandson which makes him Hope’s great-nephew, and Scotty “Scott” the last time he was ever in town was 1990, 21 years he hasn’t been in town at all, or even mentioned once, and I think that if the writers brought him back, Scott he could be a great love interest for Nicole or even Sami for that matter or Carrie

A good Scott re-cast would be either Roger Howarth or Trevor St. John

2899 Posts

Bill Horton has lived in Africa for over 20 years and is a doctor. I wonder if “Jeremy” will turn out to be his son.
    If not Bill, I wonder if they will make Tommy Horton Jr. the father. Addie died in the 70s, Mickey was sterile, and Marie was a nun, so I can’t see any of them being a candidate for the parent of a black Horton.
    Meanwhile, I wonder who this “Jeremy” will interact with. He’s too old for the teen crowd (Will, Abigail, etc.) and too young for the next group up (Sami, Austin, Nicole, etc.). Wonder if he will be paired with Lexie (clearly they’ll be co-workers and we know she likes to cheat on Abe), or if they will bring in some Bradys in that age range (like Jeannie Donovan).

957 Posts

@Mark & anyone, help me connect the dots on “Jeremy Horton” how is connected to Hortons, I guess he’s mixed race? If it is “Jeremy” character what range would he fit into and back story? Sorry gang I know I’m new to Days but trying to figure out how he fits on canvas and to make informative decision if needed, I have some info but not all. Thanks guys for the help.

183 Posts

Another one of Justin & Adrienne’s sons comes to town

Sonny could use some siblings in Salem, and it would be a great way to bring back Justin & Adrienne to the canvas front and center since one of their sons, Sonny is in town, they could have another one of their sons come back to town and Sonny could have one of his brothers around for him to help be there for him and have his back

But which son should come to town?

Alexander, Joseph “Joey”, or Victor Kiriakis’ namesake Victor Kiriakis II ?

I say bring back Joey Kiriakis and Joey can be a much needed love interest for Gabi because when Will “comes out”, Sonny & Will are going to probably be a couple and Gabi is going to get her heart broken, so I say bring Joey on to help her ease her broken heart

A good casting choice for Joey Kiriakis would be Nic Robuck who plays James Ford on One Life to Live

2899 Posts

[quote=harlee490]@Mark & anyone, help me connect the dots on “Jeremy Horton” how is connected to Hortons, I guess he’s mixed race? If it is “Jeremy” character what range would he fit into and back story? Sorry gang I know I’m new to Days but trying to figure out how he fits on canvas and to make informative decision if needed, I have some info but not all. Thanks guys for the help.[/quote]

When this character comes onto the show, his name won’t be Jeremy. They often use alternate names in casting calls. Jeremy Horton is the son of Mike Horton and his ex Robin. Neither of them are black. Jeremy was last played by the very Caucasian Teddy Donovan. The “Jeremy” of this casting call is rumoured to be a black Horton based on Soap Opera Digest’s note about him having interesting family ties. When this character comes on board, it will be under a different name.

2899 Posts

Terry, they should cast real-life twins to play Joey and Vic, and then cast someone else as older brother Alexander. (I prefer real twins playing twins as opposed to one actor playing both.)

957 Posts

OH, thank u Mr. Spaceley, that is where I was confused. They are just using the “psedonym” for the casting call, but a “black Horton” will most likely be casted. Sorry then about the posting ya’all, I read the posting about “Jeremy” & thought they were casting the character :~ . This could be fun to have a black “Horton black” …..could this be Alice’s mystery and he’s Horton & Dimera? :~ ;)

2899 Posts

Ford ruined OLTL for me, don’t wanna see him on Days.

407 Posts

Jeremy Horton had a short and disasterous bout in Salem a few years back when he was hooked up with Patch and Kayla’s daughter Stephanie. They ran around with Bo and Billie’s miscarried teenager Chelsea (seriously Chelsea was miscarried in a jungle at about the first trimester and managed to become a fully funtioning adult character). Chelsea was involved with Max Brady who is one of the adopted sons of Carolyn and Shawn Brady. Max’s bio dad was a psycho math teacher who misplaced him as a child. He was also the adopted father of Melanie who come to find out is Daniel and Carly’s daughter (coincedentally and I do not believe ever adressed, Carly’s brother is Frankie Brady the other boy the Brady’s adopted. Max and Frankie came to town after Frankie found Max and was taking care of him on the road.) So Melanie thought she was related to Max but really Frankie is her uncle. The fact that she is also NOW Maggie Horton/ Kiriakis’s grand daughter makes her officially the John Black of the 21st century.
    Anyway Jeremy was a bit of a bad boy and just played with Stephanies emotions. They all started an airline together which got taken over by the mob (sounding familiar?)
    As a funny side note Jeremy Horton’s portrayer looks exactly like Freddy on Scooby Doo (the cartoon not the movies) Stephanie looks alot like Daphne, Chelsea and Max looked like Velma and Shaggy. All they were missing is the mystery van and Scooby and they would have been set up.
    Well they did have the airplane and I guess Abe’s nephew (Jeremy’s best bud) could have done a stand in for the Scoobster. Overall it was a mess and it couldn’t have ended any sooner for my taste. If they ever bring back Jeremy, I hope they avoid talking about his last venture into Salem.

Jeremy was raised by Robin his mom in Israel and later Michael joined them in Israel with Carrie. When Carrie returned, she did so alone. Jeremy did a stint in the USAF although I am not exactly sure why he didn’t just join the Israeli army since he probably would have felt more at home there. Jeremy was raised as a conservative jew in Israel however that was never discussed when he came home. In fact he looked more like Hiltlers ideal youth than a jewish boy. Tall, bright white skin blue eyes and blond, he certainly did not carry on in Salem as much as he did his first time around.

183 Posts

As a way of expanding the Horton family, why not bring back Doug’s son Douglas “Dougie” LeClair, Doug’s son via artificial insemination with Rebecca North

The last time Dougie was ever seen was when he was a baby in 1976, when Rebecca took him to Paris and she ended up raising him

So Dougie would be Julie’s step-son making him Hope’s half-brother and he would be David Banning’s step-brother

Dougie would be a step-Horton since he is Doug’s son since he is Julie’s step-son

Much like how Chelsea is a step-Horton since she is Hope’s step-daughter and Bo’s daughter

And with Dougie in town, he can be a love interest for let’s say Billie Reed since I hear they are bringing her back to town

2899 Posts

Terry, there are more than enough Hortons in town. I would rather see MIA Bradys like Eric Brady, Jeannie Donovan and her brother Andrew.

183 Posts

Well in that case for Bradys as a way of expanding the family, I would have a long-lost Brady come on to the canvas

Frankie’s long-lost son, a son he doesn’t even know that he has, and the son’s mother would be Eve Donovan

Because it is possible that Frankie & Eve could have had a child all those years ago, when they left Salem together, off-screen they could have hooked up and Eve could have gotten pregnant with Frankie’s son but for some reason she doesn’t tell him that she is pregnant with their child because by then maybe Eve & Frankie could have went their separate ways after their hook-up, and she thought to herself that she could raise her son all by herself without Frankie in his life

And Frankie’s son would be a Brady, he would be Caroline’s long-lost grandson and he would be Roman, Bo, Kimberly, Kayla and Max’s nephew

But he would also be a Donovan too because Eve would be his mother, and Shane would be his grandfather and Jeannie would be his aunt and Andrew would be his uncle

And Frankie’s son would be related to Melanie because Melanie’s mom is Carly Manning, and Frankie’s son his dad Frankie is Carly’s biological brother, so it would make Melanie & Frankie’s son cousins

And Frankie & Eve’s son he could come on as a new love interest for Abby

So that way Chad and Melanie can become a couple

957 Posts

Thanks, Mark for the details, Mr. Spaceley did actually help, but not the same “Jeremy”. YOu think this will be the black Horton? I’m wondering if this could be part of Alice’s mystery or EJ the mystery…love it there was mix of black Horton. I am loving Days right now, man this is my type of soap. I haven’t been this excited about watching a soap in years..literally feels like the “days” when soaps had some pride in good story telling and not bang’em, shoot’em, clone’em, dopple’em as we have now.

957 Posts

@Terry, YES, Josh Kelly would be an awesome recast for EB, I back that recast 100%. I also months ago mentioned and felt Jennifer Ferrin as Sarah Horton would be spot on, her red hair and blue eyes is so Maggie and she is hellva’ actress and make her have a good female rival…bring it on!! I absolutely love your ideas. :D

183 Posts

[quote=harlee490]@Terry, YES, Josh Kelly would be an awesome recast for EB, I back that recast 100%. I also months ago mentioned and felt Jennifer Ferrin as Sarah Horton would be spot on, her red hair and blue eyes is so Maggie and she is hellva’ actress and make her have a good female rival…bring it on!! I absolutely love your ideas. :D[/quote]

With Jennifer Ferrin as Sarah Horton, she can be a new love interest for Rafe Hernandez, causing a triangle with Sami, Rafe and Sarah with 2 women fighting over Rafe. I know that if Rafe & Sarah became a couple, Maggie would love that her daugter is with Rafe as Rafe loves Maggie and Maggie loves him and Sami can go be with EJ, that hypocrite, I hate Sami so much

And with Josh Kelly as Eric Brady, he can even be with Jennifer Ferrin’s Sarah or they can throw him with Nicole, a Nicole/EJ/Eric triangle, Nicole finds herself falling for Eric all over again but Eric doesn’t want Nicole because of everything that she’s done

And with Sarah back in town she can get to know her brother Daniel Jonas who is Maggie’s son, and she can get to know her niece Melanie Daniel’s daughter

And with Eric back, Sami would have her conscience, her other half back in town

2899 Posts

Thad Luckinbill, Forbes March, and Greg Vaughan are at the top of my list for an Eric Brady recast.

183 Posts

[quote=Spacebook1]Thad Luckinbill, Forbes March, and Greg Vaughan are at the top of my list for an Eric Brady recast.[/quote]

Josh Kelly would be the best choice for Eric out of these men, but next to him would be Greg Vaughan for sure

407 Posts

Harlee you are welcome. I don’t know if the new character will be a Horton or not but it is something I know that fans have thrown around alot over the years. Another Bill Horton offspring maybe. But then what does that have to do with Stefano? So I am not sure that it is the Alice secret. Or atleast the one that Stefano is involved with….. Maybe she has alot of them lol! That would be fun! “Alice! I never knew you had an afair with Groucho Marx!” And you say that Bill is his bio son? That means Michael is his grandson! Ah that makes alot of sense now!(Michael used to do an excellent Marx impression! as did Alice!) “Oh Alice, You were a Russian spy during the cold war! You used to bake donuts with messages in them and mail them to Stalin?” “Alice! You were John Black’s twin sister!”

183 Posts

If Bill had another offspring, it is certainly possible and it is, Bill was in Africa with Laura and he could have cheated on her perhaps and had another bastard Horton child, that is possible and if it is, I would want to see Bill have another daughter, a bi-racial daughter half-black, half-white and then Bill’s new daughter can come to Salem and get to know her Horton family

Like her nephew Will, her niece Allie, her niece Abigail, her nephew JJ whenever he comes back to town

And this bastard Horton who would be Bill’s daughter, she would be Tom & Alice’s bi-racial granddaughter, which would be awesome

Imagine how Jennifer would react if she finds out that she has a half-sister, it would be awesome if DAYS did it right

marknsprmo

And if Bill’s daughter became a permanent Salem resident, as for love interests, I would bring back Brandon Walker Abe’s son, and put Brandon with Bill’s new daughter

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.