Forums General Hospital Cord and Tina Return to OLTL!
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    2899 Posts

Beloved OLTL Vets Return!
    By SOD • Posted: Jul 21, 2011

Digest can confirm that OLTL’s John Loprieno (Cord) and Andrea Evans (Tina) are set to return to Llanview in September. The duo was last seen on-screen in 2008 for the show’s 40th anniversary. “It’s like going home,” says Evans. “Of course I’m thrilled to be doing it.” See the issue of Digest on sale 8/2 for more from the actors

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/beloved-oltl-vets-return

Hopefully Cord and Tina reunite and remarry. That would be a good ending for those characters.

Profile photo of alstonboy4315alstonboy4315
    853 Posts

I am glad they are returning. Since OLTL is migrating online, hopefully there doesn’t have to be an offical ending for these characters. Although, I am sure there won’t be room for expensive stars like Andrea Evans after the move.

2899 Posts

I think there should be an official ending to OLTL when it ends on ABC. Not everyone will or wants to follow it online. When Passions ended on NBC, it ended with a series of cliffhangers to entice viewers to follow the show to DirecTV, but following a show to another network is much different than following it to an entirely new platform.

Eventually OLTL will end online and I don’t think it will get the proper ending on Prospect Park that it deserves.

2899 Posts

Unlike her last appearance, a multi-month stint, Tina will probably appear in just a handful of episodes.

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2011/07/oltl-fan-faves-are-back.html

The parade of ONE LIFE TO LIVE veterans who will be returning to Llanview before the soap signs off of ABC in January has begun: a spokesperson for the show confirms that fan favorites John Loprieno and Andrea Evans will be bringing one-time supercouple Cord and Tina back to town in September. The actors were last seen on-screen in 2008 when OLTL celebrated its 40th anniversary.

But what does the OLTL return mean for Evans’ status on THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL, where she’s been recurring as Amber’s white-trash mother, Tawny? Turns out, she’s just taking a brief hiatus from the CBS sudser. “We’re thrilled for Andrea and her fans that she gets to return to OLTL before they go off the air to reprise a role that started her illustrious career in daytime television,” says a rep for B&B. “We’re also happy to report that Andrea remains a part of the B&B family portraying the character of Tawny Moore.”

853 Posts

I suppose you’re right. Random question, A-Crane. Were you watching OLTL when Krista Tesreau was playing Tina? Did you like her in the role? Just curious.

2899 Posts

I was pretty young back then and don’t remember many characters other than Marty, Todd, Patrick, Luna, Dylan, Max, Viki and her alters, Jessica, Cristian, Alex, Bo, Nora, Clint, Andrew, Cassie, Carlo, Blair, Dorian, Joey and Kelly. I must have seen her but just don’t remember her because I definitely remember Cord.

853 Posts

Oh okay. I have seen some of her work on YouTube and I thought she was pretty good. Of course, she could never fill Andrea’s shoes, but I liked her.

2899 Posts

What about the other Tina? Wasn’t her name Karen Witter?

853 Posts

Yeah, that was her name, but I have heard she wasn’t very good. She’s kinda like the “Tina nobody talks about.” LOL! Kinda like Shari Shattuck’s Ashley on Y&R! LOL!! :D

Profile photo of akbad806akbad806
    243 Posts

Here I come with my two cents…

Karen Witter was actually decent in the role of Tina. Of course, she paled in comparison to Andrea Evans, but her Tina was more mature and stable. She also gave some pretty good performances in 92 when Cord was presumed dead in Jaba City (lamest fictional name EVER!!!!)

It was that Krista Tesreau that irked me. Her version of Tina Lord slept with a man she thought was her brother and didn’t seem to mind. That’s when I lost all respect for the former legacy character, who became window dressing at this point. Tesreau didn’t help with her soccer mom esque antics as she made Tina unrecognizable.

the thoery of opposites
    853 Posts

Akbad–

Krista Tesreau walked away from her signature role, Mindy Lewis on GL, to go to other shows. If she had stuck around that show, she might have reached superstar status like Maureen Garrett, Fiona Hutchinson, Jean Carol and Elizabeth Keifer. However, I did enjoy Kimberley Simms in the role, and to a small degree, Barbara Crampton, who also walked away from her signature role as Leanna Love on Y&R. Or was she fired? Those soap hoppers would more than likely NOT be soap-hopping in 2011. They’d be gettin’ in where they fit in and hoping like hell that their shows don’t get cancelled.

2899 Posts

^^ Nah, they’d all be miscast on Y&R and at the mercy of scorned fans! ;-)

Profile photo of llanviewloverllanviewlover
    1 Posts

Regarding the various Tinas on the show:

Andrea Evans made the role from her debut in 1978, without a doubt. They even tried to cast two other people in the role when they brought the character back in 1984 but within several months Andrea Evans was back and a star was truly born.

Karen Witter had a very difficult task to assume the role of Tina after Andrea Evans had to depart prematurely because of the whole stalker incident. I really grew to love her in the role, much as I love both Roger Howarth and Trevor St. John as the two Todds. She captured Tina’s sexiness and playfulness but also added a layer of emotional depth that was sometimes missed with AE’s more campy performance. Karen Witter clicked with John Loprino and also had a great romance with the Cain Rogan character.

Krista Treseau could very well be a good actress (I never saw her on anything else) but she was woefully miscast as Tina. As someone else said, she portrayed a soccer mom image that just did not suit Tina at all. She managed to take away all of Tina’s sexiness while dumbing her down to the point where she was truly unrootable (sleeping with a man she believed was her biological brother). The fact that Tina was written off as having moved to Baltimore (!) to be a personal shopper at Logans Department Store (!!!) speaks volumes to how far the character had declined.

While Karen Witter did a very good job in the role, it truly belongs to Andrea Evans and I’m very glad she’s coming back for another round before the show leaves the TV airwaves.

Profile photo of SoapGuyFloridaSoapGuyFlorida
    3 Posts

I never saw Krista T. as Tina, but do know of her from GL.

I personally liked Karen Witter best as Tina. Then again, I’m a straight guy and she was a playboy centerfold, so the possibility exists that I may not be completely objective, lol..

Still, Johnny Dee going after Tina was one of my favorite story lines from OLTL over the years. You know, back before they turned his dad Carlo into a joke..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.