Forums General Hospital Darnell Williams To Y&R!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    957 Posts

I love Darnell but once again MAB & the casting director from AMC which came to Y&R is ADDING another character to already bloated canvas making it even bigger |( There are plenty of Y&R vets that been in Geona City for 20+ years that hasn’t had any good story since Bloodbath Countess Maria started her reign of terror and Napoleon complex to add yet another NEW CHARACTER….WTF …why haven’t CBS & Sony stepped in and controlled this hot mess of cow dung (is Maria eating what you find under cow patties…hmmm)….Please Maria take the job at the museum and work on things close to heart. Art is a very good cause and let someone that has underbidding love for the soap opera genre which is an art form of story telling.
    Count how many true vets of Y&R that could have stories without adding new characters? I can…can you? Off with there HEADS.. :Sp

From Soap Opera Digest

Darnell Williams To Y&R! By SOD • Posted: Jan 3, 2012

Digest has learned that AMC fave Darnell Williams (ex-Jesse) has been hired at Y&R and will join longtime acting partner Debbi Morgan (Harmony; ex-Angie, AMC) in Genoa City. This will be the fourth show on which they have appeared together; on LOVING and THE CITY, Williams played Jesse lookalike Jacob Foster alongside Morgan as Angie. In addition to their lengthy acting collaboration, the duo are close friends — Williams even walked Morgan down the aisle at her 2009 wedding to Jeffrey Winston.

243 Posts

@Harlee look at us actin like Phyllis at “Restless Style” postin all the latest gossip in Genoa City hahahahahaha

957 Posts

@Akbad806 [quote=akbad806]@Harlee look at us actin like Phyllis at “Restless Style” postin all the latest gossip in Genoa City hahahahahaha[/quote]

LMAO…U know it…you know what they say about great minds… ;)

156 Posts

I love Darnell and have since I was 7 and Jesse and Jenny spent a hot summer in NYC….but I just don’t know if this addition is what the show needs right now.
    It’ll be interesting to see what his character will be.

Avatar of SwanQueen59SwanQueen59
    394 Posts

I have so much respect for DW and his last story with DM on AMC was one of the best with regard to maximum emotional appeal and sheer dramatic quality that “fed” both actors. Having said that, with the addition of another “Name” joining the Y&R ranks, I get the feeling that MAB is like a big game hunter. With evey new talent from a canceled soap that gets hired, I’m expecting when their characters fail to catch on or just fizzle, they will be “killed off” (ie-Maura West), and mounted as a trophy. They are being hired just because she can, not because she has anything of value (story, character or otherwise), to offer them. The good feelings that came back with MTS are running out… 0:)

Avatar of SwanQueen59SwanQueen59
    394 Posts

I have so much respect for DW and his last story with DM on AMC was one of the best with regard to maximum emotional appeal and sheer dramatic quality that “fed” both actors. Having said that, with the addition of another “Name” joining the Y&R ranks, I get the feeling that MAB is like a big game hunter. With evey new talent from a canceled soap that gets hired, I’m expecting when their characters fail to catch on or just fizzle, they will be “killed off” (ie-Maura West), and mounted as a trophy. They are being hired just because she can, not because she has anything of value (story, character or otherwise), to offer them. The good feelings that came back with MTS are running out… 0:)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.