Forums Days of Our Lives Deidre Hall’s Return Airdate
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    2899 Posts

Marlena returns September 26! And John too!

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/deidre-hall-return

2899 Posts

John rumour: Apparently there is a picture on Deidre’s website of John in a wheelchair (I haven’t found it). I can only assume John is still in his wheelchair so they can have a romantic moment–perhaps John will get out of the chair at the party and ask Marlena to dance. *swoon*!

http://www.deidrehall.me/days.html

Profile photo of SoapArmageddonSoapArmageddon
    396 Posts

Wayne Northrop should come back as Roman Brady. I’ve never accepted the idea of having the same guy who, even though I was just a little kid, I can remember playing Chris Kositchek now play Roman Brady.

2899 Posts

I hate Josh Taylor as Roman, so I would welcome back Wayne as Roman…just as long as they didn’t do the John/Marlena/Roman thing again. Sadly, Josh Taylor is friends with Ken Corday so his job is safe. However, they could just keep him as Chris Kositchek and make Wayne Roman.

My explanation? When Roman returned in 1997 played by Josh Taylor, he was actually Chris Kositchek. Stefano drugged Salem’s drinking water so everyone would recognize him as Roman and not Chris.

Profile photo of marknsprmomarknsprmo
    407 Posts

I do wish that they would switch Roman’s again. And give Roman back his personality. The clever hyperactive little bulldog that is gonna solve the crime and save the girl. When Wayne came back the first time as Roman, they had basically stripped him of his personality. Suddenly he was just this lump. It was easy for the audience and Marlena to choose between Roman and John. Had they given Roman his real personality back, I think the choice would have been much less clear. Josh Taylor just never has played the role to the effect that Wayne did. Or even that Drake did when he was fauxRoman. But I did like him as the lady’s man Jake Kosichek. I would be fine if they just up and switched the roles one day with out any fuss. Maybe Jake (an architect) comes to town to help build the Isebella Tuscano thing that has been promised for nearly a decade but never got around to it!

2899 Posts

Josh Taylor played Chris Kositchek. Jake was his serial killer brother (I think the one who killed Samantha).

407 Posts

yes ofourse you are correct allistaircrane…. slip of the typing lol. Jake was played by Jack Coleman who went on to play Steven no. 2 on Dynasty. I think he still acts a little bit occasionally.

Profile photo of SonnySprocketSonnySprocket
    56 Posts

Salem Strangler is definitely one of those storylines I wish I could have seen. I have seen the great scene where Don sees Marlena for the first time after thinking her dead. And then they both realize it was Samantha who had been killed instead. Phenomenal soap moment.

407 Posts

sonnysprocket the story was extremely complex and engrossing. It covered the entire canvas of characters and noone was untouched by the story. It wove story into story and I am not even sure who the original intended murderer was supposed to be because the person who wrote the end of the story was not the person who created the story. It had the viewers on edge for quite a while. It also made a superstar out of Wayne Northrop. He was introduced near the begining of the story and by the end, he had captured Marlena’s heart and the audiences. He was such a crafty and hyper bulldog in his protection of Marlena. But that was only part of the story. The Jake and Jessica and Joshua love triangle, the Chandlers story finding out how crazy Kellum Chandler was and his obsession with Marlena, introducing the great character of Eugene Bradford, the love story of Marie Horton and Alex, the death of Mary Anderson a long time character, there was so much to the story. I don’t think very many single stories have been as engrossing and encompassing as this one. It was the true meaning of an umbrella story. Days was totally remade by this story and it was changed permanently.
    I am hoping that the new writers will do something just as great when they start the new Days reboot. This was my favorite reboot of Days of our Lives. It is funny that Days reboots about every 10 years or so give or take. The next one funny enough started with the reemergence of Roman and Marlena. But this was a completely different story and a whole new beginning for the show. I personally was not a fan of what it became but I know alot of people loved this time period.
    The third reboot for me was in 1999 upon the introduction of Shawn/Belle/Mimi/Phillip/ teens. From that point on, the show meandered in style and story. It in the entire decade never found that defining moment that said “ah this is what Days is now.”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.