Forums Days of Our Lives DISTURBED by Carrie and Rafe
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of aurriefanaurriefan
    2 Posts

I am not liking this at all. In fact, I am very upset. Austin and Carrie are my favorite Days couple, and when I heard they were coming back, I started watching the show again. So far, I have enjoyed the few romantic scenes we have got between Carrie and Austin. But it is becoming clear, especially from today’s episode, that they are trying to set up Carrie and Rafe as a new couple, and maybe even Austin and Abigail.

Well, this is not what I signed up for! I am tired of third parties coming between Carrie and Austin. Sami, Lucas, Mike…now Rafe and Abigail? I guess I will have to stop watching Days. There are plenty of dramatic, exciting stories for these writers to tell with this great couple without resorting to love triangles and third parties and affairs.

I fear the story will play out like this:

Abigail will make a move on Austin. He will reject her because he loves Carrie. Abigail will freak out and claim Austin sexually harassed her. Meanwhile, Rafe will find out about Sami and EJ’s one-night stand and turn to Carrie for comfort. Carrie, believing Austin had sex with Abigail, will turn to Rafe and they will have sex. Soon, Carrie will discover she is pregnant and wonder who is the father.

This makes me upset for a variety of reasons.

One, we’ve done this story before. Abigail is playing the Sami role. Also, Mike came between Carrie and Austin in the 90s.

If Carrie cheats on Austin with Rafe, she will have cheated on Austin TWICE. This will destroy the integrity of the Carrie character. She will be a serial adulterer. How could Austin ever take her back after she cheated on him twice? The Austin character would lose his integrity if he went back to her after that. My fear is these writers brought Carrie and Austin back to break the up FOR GOOD, perhaps only reuniting the supercouple for Days’ series finale (which may air as early as September 2013).

Carrie and Austin have always been my #1 Days couple. I adore them. But I do not want to see a repeat of the Sami/Austin/Carrie/Mike saga of the 90s with Rafe and Abigail. I wish these writers would realize just how good a couple Austin and Carrie are, and how there are plenty of interesting stories to tell with them that do not involve them cheating on each other and breaking up. Bo and Hope are beyond that. John and Marlena are beyond that. Carrie and Austin are beyond that too.

Very nervous, very scared, and very upset Carrie and Austin fan, signing off.

Profile photo of aurriefanaurriefan
    2 Posts

You LIKED that?! God, give me strength! That is the WORST-CASE scenario. I don’t think you understand: Austin and Carrie are my favorite supercouple. I do NOT want to see them torn apart. They are beyond that. I will stop watching Days if that happens. They are the only reason I watch, and I only want to see them happy. Carrie and Austin have been off-screen for YEARS. We are entitled to stories where they are together and happy.

Carrie and Austin CAN’T get back together if she cheats on him for a SECOND time!!! It would be insulting to the intelligence of the audience, and it would make Austin spineless and Carrie a slut. So if that happens, Carrie and Austin are game-over.

Not all soap stories are about breaking up and getting back together ad nauseum. And as I said, Carrie and Austin have already struggled enough. Just like the other supercouples I listed, Austin and Carrie are beyond that. They are beyond third parties, love triangles, cheating and breaking up.

A far better story would be this:

Carrie, having struggled with infertility, discovers she’s pregnant but decides to wait til the end of the first trimester to tell Austin, as she suffered several tragic miscarriages in Switzerland.

Meanwhile, Austin and Carrie have begun the process of adopting a child. Unfortunately, Austin gets word that the adoption has fallen through. Just as he prepares to break the news to Carrie, she reveals her pregnancy. Fearing the news will cause her to miscarry, Austin decides to keep the truth about the adoption from Carrie.

Austin turns to his stepfather Stefano for help. Austin agrees to give Stefano his shares in Austin Reed and Co. (his former company) in exchange for Stefano finding a baby for him and Carrie. Stefano steals a baby and gives the child to Austin, and Austin brings the baby back to Carrie.

As Carrie’s pregnancy progresses, she starts receiving mysterious phone calls and feels someone watching her. Sami reveals to Carrie that she too is being stalked.

Meanwhile, the truth about the stolen baby comes out and the child is taken away from Austin and Carrie. Carrie is furious and kicks Austin out.

Meanwhile, the stalker reveals himself. It’s Alan Harris, the man who raped Sami! He kidnaps Carrie and Sami and drops them in a well. Austin and Lucas team up to find the women they love.

Trapped in the well, Carrie goes into labor and Sami delivers the child, a healthy baby boy. Sami and Carrie then manage to climb out of the well with the newborn just as Lucas and Austin defeat Alan.

Carrie and Austin bond over their new baby, and Carrie agrees to take Austin back.

Profile photo of marknsprmomarknsprmo
    407 Posts

The only time I ever thought that Carrie and Autin worked as a couple was when Tracy Middendorf was playing Carrie. When Christie came back to the show, she made Austin seem like a child molester. Then they recast Austin with Austin Peck who was a horifically bad actor (one of the worst long term on daytime). Their age didn’t matter but they just didn’t seem like they had any chemistry. They were mostly just targets for Sami and Lucas to try to break up. I never did understand the big deal. Break up or stay together, I didn’t care.
    Now however, I see that Abby and Austin could be smokin hot together and Carrie and Rafe seem like a couple that one could get behind as a couple of very nice people who respect and could be great together if only Rafe wasn’t married to her sister! Well with Sami in the mix, it is only a matter of time before she ruins her marriage anyway so there ya go Carrie!
    I think of Austin and Carrie about the same way I did Abby and Chad….. ehh. bland and boring. I would much rather see some chemistry and lighting up the air waves with better pairings.

Profile photo of Anonymous
    2899 Posts

I just need a clarification on something here:

Marlena is Sami’s Mother, but not Carrie’s is that correct? Which means that the only reason that Sami and Carrie are sisters is because they share the same father, essentially half-sisters.

407 Posts

Sorasing has caused Carrie and Sami and Belle to be alot closer in age than was intended. When Sami was born, Carrie was about 8. When Belle was born Sami was 14 or 15. By now there are just a few years difference in their ages. Carrie’s parents are Roman and Anna, Sami’s are Roman and Marlena, Belle belongs to John and Marlena.

Profile photo of SoapArmageddonSoapArmageddon
    397 Posts

Carrie’s mother’s original name is Anna Fredericks. She was married to Roman Brady sometime before both characters debuted on Days; later she married Stefano Dimera’s son Tony. She has never been played by any other actress but Leann Hunley, for me, one of the most beautiful actresses that has ever been seen on daytime TV.

Anna was a bad girl when she first showed up in town with Carrie. She worked for Stefano and at one point hypnotized her own eight-year-old daughter to carry out one of Stefano’s evil plans.

Later she was redeemed and has always gotten along really well with Roman and Marlena. She is currently on the run from the law because of her part in the kidnapping of Sami’s daughter.

397 Posts

What I truly love about daytime soaps is how weirdly connected the characters are and nobody usually stops to comment on it.

Looking at marksprmo’s post reminds me that Belle, the daughter of Marlena and John, is married to Shawn, the son of Bo Brady who is the brother of Roman who used to be married to Marlena who is married to John who eveyone used to believe was Roman……

Profile photo of alstonboy4315alstonboy4315
    853 Posts

I know, right? It makes your head spin just thinking about it. Tee hee hee……… :D

397 Posts

In other words Phillip is directly or indirectly connected to the Kiriakis, the Roberts, the Hortons, the Bradys, the Carvers, the Allamaines, and just about every other family that has ever been prominent in Salem.

This would actually make a fun board or internet game if Days decided to go back to the days when TV shows used to market themselves with related products like lunch boxes. :)

Connect the characters. How many degrees of separation are there between little one-eyed Johhny DiMera and Tom Horton, for example?

407 Posts

LOL to answer that connection, Johnny is the half brother of Will Horton. Will’s father Lucas is Bill Horton’s son. Bill Horton is Tom Horton’s father. So the answer is four! LOL This is fun!
    Connect Ceara Brady to her partner in crime Theo Carver!
    This is an excellent board game! The more obscure the relationship the higher the points! LOL. The relationships could also be who dated who as well….. Such as connect Savannah Wilder to Craig Merrit (ok I know the answer to this one but I am SURE there are probably only 2 other people on this site that even know who these people are let alone how to connect them lol this would have to be a high points connection)

the thoery of opposites
    407 Posts

Oh that is only part of the story. Cause Belle was also married to Phillip who is the half uncle of Belle’s brother Brady, half brother of Lucas who was married to and had a child with Sami, half brother to Austin who is married to Carrie, half brother of Billie who was married to then had a child Chelsea with Bo who is Sami and Carries uncle, and Phillip is also half brother of Bo who when he was married to Billie would have made Phillip brother and brother inlaw to both Billie and Bo had he been born.
    Lucas, Phillip’s half brother, is also a Horton, whose half sister Jen is married to Jack whose sister Adrianne is married to Phillips uncle Justin. Lucas’ halfbrother Michael was married to Carrie once as well. Then Phillip has twin half siblings whose father is Roman Brady, Sami and Carrie’s father. Phillip’s step brother EJ Dimera was married to Sami who had two of his kids. Phillip’s other step brother Tony was married to Anna who is Carrie’s mother.
    I could keep going but the reason NOONE ever talks about it is that once you do start talking about it, there is no end to the conversation. Literally every single character on Days with maybe the exception of Madison(we don’t know yet) is related to eachother by birth or by marriage through Phillip. Heck his birth mom is Vivian Allamain making him somehow related to Quinn…….

397 Posts

Whatever the maximum number of points are, marknsprmo, you just got them. I cannot for the life of me recall who Craig Merrit is/was. :)

Savannah, of course, is much easier to connect to the Cositcheks.

407 Posts

LOL well Craig was a little before my time too! He was the father of Marie Horton’s first love Tony. Tony broke it off with Marie and she turned to his father Craig for comfort. They got married. So the connection is then Craig to Marie Marie to Neil Curtis (married) Neil to Mary Anderson (relationship) Mary Anderson to Chris Kosichek (relatioship). Chris Kosichek to Savannah. So you can connect the two in 5 moves even though they were on the show 20 years apart and had absolutely nothing to do with eachother lol.

Profile photo of SonnySprocketSonnySprocket
    56 Posts

Here is another 5 move connection. Tony Merritt was married to Marie Horton. Marie’s daughter with Alex Marshall is Jessica Fallon. Jessica was involved with Jake Kositchek who was the Salem Strangler. Jake was brothers with Chris Kositchek. Chris dated Savannah Wilder.

Thats kind of a fun game. Lol.

407 Posts

great job SonnySprocket! Ok connect Renee Demond to Greg Peters.

56 Posts

Greg Peters married Susan Martin. Susan Martin was previously married to David Martin. David father David Banning with Julie Olson (Williams eventually). David Banning was involved with Renee Dumonde. :)

One for you……Jeri Clayton to Mimi Lockhart.

407 Posts

That wasn’t exactly my connection for Renee and Greg but it worked!
    Renee was with Tony. Tony was married to Liz. Liz was married to Neil Curtis. Neil was married to Amanda Howard. Amanda was married to Greg Peters!

LOL I can think of several but this is an obscure one!
    Jeri was a patient of Marlena. Marlena is Belle’s mother.
    Belle is Mimi’s best friend. Three moves!

Jeri once was Doug’s lover. Doug married Addie. Addie is Mickey’s sister. Mickey was married to Bonnie. Bonnie is Mimi’s mom.

Mimi lived with SeanD Brady. Sean’s grandmother is Addie. Addie was married to Doug. Doug was in a relationship with Jeri.

Jeri is Trish Clayton’s mom. Trish was with Mike Horton. Mike Horton is Lucas Horton’s half bro. Lucas is Phillip’s half bro. Phillip was married to Mimi.

Jeri is Scott Bannings grandma. SeanD is Scott’s cousin. SeanD lived with Mimi.

New one. Chris Kozichek to Alex North.

397 Posts

marknsprmo, I’ve come to the conclusion that you’re never going to be stumped by any of the connections on this game. :)

Your edge is not only have you been a Days viewer for thirty plus years. You also know the history of the show before that time.

In my case, while I’ve picked up on some of the history of the show from the sixties and seventies, the eighties are really the decade when I began watching.

Profile photo of harlee490harlee490
    957 Posts

[quote=marknsprmo]That wasn’t exactly my connection for Renee and Greg but it worked!
    Renee was with Tony. Tony was married to Liz. Liz was married to Neil Curtis. Neil was married to Amanda Howard. Amanda was married to Greg Peters!

LOL I can think of several but this is an obscure one!
    Jeri was a patient of Marlena. Marlena is Belle’s mother.
    Belle is Mimi’s best friend. Three moves!

Jeri once was Doug’s lover. Doug married Addie. Addie is Mickey’s sister. Mickey was married to Bonnie. Bonnie is Mimi’s mom.

Mimi lived with SeanD Brady. Sean’s grandmother is Addie. Addie was married to Doug. Doug was in a relationship with Jeri.

Jeri is Trish Clayton’s mom. Trish was with Mike Horton. Mike Horton is Lucas Horton’s half bro. Lucas is Phillip’s half bro. Phillip was married to Mimi.

Jeri is Scott Bannings grandma. SeanD is Scott’s cousin. SeanD lived with Mimi.[/quote]

Damn Marknsprmo, my heading is bobbing around because I have limited amount on history…laughing my ass off…I need a Wikipedia in new tab to stay up with you! :~ :party:

407 Posts

This is true Soap armagedeon but it is still fun to do even if you cannot stump me lol. It doesn’t hurt that I was a kid when I started watching Days and it is easier to remember things from being a kid. I might know Jeri Clayton inside out but lol I had to look up Mimi’s mom’s name! Getting older sucks lol and I am only 48! I will forget my pants by the time I am 70! Really though I only know a few soaps this well. Another World and Days and Santa Barbara and probably Texas, and Sommerset. However Days has the unique position of having EVERY single person connected to someone else. When they start giving interview and start talking about Days being about family, they are NOT kidding. Other shows have families but everyone on Days has a family. If they didn’t start out with one, the show will use a floating character to build one around. If someone sticks around long enough they will have a sibling, cousin, parent pop up or they will find out that someone already on the show is their parent. This show has to have a family tree drawn or something just to keep up with who is blood related. Or else someone could end up marrying their own grandpa!
    Seriously though if ya wanna keep playing the game, I think it is fun….

By the way Chris Kositchek is related to Alex North by actors. Chris was played by Josh Taylor who plays Roman Brady. Alex North was Wayne Northrop who originally played Roman Brady. So their connection is Roman Brady.
    Funny sideline if you ever see pictures of Faux Roman and Marlena’s first wedding (John who we thought he was Roman at the time), Chris K was one of his groomsmen!

56 Posts

Of course if you want to connect the characters on the show not using the actors it would go like this..

Chris Kositchek had a brother named Jake Kositchek.
    Jake murdered Samantha Evans.
    Samantha has a twin sister, Dr Marlena Evans.
    Marlena was married to Alex North (i hate that retcon though…ugh)

407 Posts

Yeah me too. It used to throw me out of the story every time Drake, Wayne AND Josh were in a room together (which was all the time). It was like a new show “My Three Roman’s” Staring Deidre Hall lol.
    Seriously, I don’t really mind if a show takes advantage of a characters “lost” time to fill in their history with new information but having Marlena previously married and forgot about it just made her seem CRAZY! An fully functioning adult cannot forget something like that unless they have a brain injury.
    The one thing I did really really like about that story is that Alex’s sidekick (I forget her name) HATED Marlena. That was something fresh and new. Marlena really does need an enemy. Usually her enemies are someone who is either obsessed by her or wants to be her. This was something new that I could really dig. Someone who just despised her. They coulda done something with that. They still could if they came up with a character that just couldn’t stand her for whatever reason. Maybe a former wife of John when he was in South America as a young man. Maybe he has a wife and child out there somewhere we don’t know about. That would be a retcon that could work for me.

Another connection is that Chris dated Kayla Brady. Kayla was Marlena’s sister in law. Marlena was married to Alex! (That is another thing that always bugs me about Josh being Roman is that he slept with Roman’s sister when he was Chris lol).

397 Posts

OK, my fellow Days fans, can you connect Ivy Jennings to Susan Banks?

407 Posts

Susan Banks is the mother of EJ D. EJ is Sami’s ex. Sami is Carrie’s sister. Carrie was married to Mike Horton. Mike dated Ivy.

Or Ivy was married to Pete Jannings. Pete was married to Melissa Horton. Melissa’s mom Maggie is married to Victor K. Victor was married to Nicole. Nicole is married to EJ. EJ is Susan Banks son.

407 Posts

How’s this one? Besides their love of little lap dogs, connect Nicole Walker to Caliope Bradford.

397 Posts

Nicole is married to EJ. EJ’s half-brother Tony was married to Anna. Anna’s BFF is Calliope Jones Bradford.

(Calliope is one of the few characters who never had blood relatives in Salem.)

Here’s another one: Bettina Lovelorn to Sonny Kiriakis.

407 Posts

LOL Eugene Bradford (aka Bettina) is Marlena’s very best friend in the world. Marlena is married to John Black who was married to Isabella who was Sonny K’s cousin. (Isabella was Victor K’s daughter and Justin’s uncle. Sonny is Justin’s father).

407 Posts

New kind of game. Significant characters that had no blood relations on the show. IE Caliope Jones. Dave and Marty, Robert le clair. The have to be significant and not short term characters or day players!

56 Posts

Dr Wilhelm Rolf………Bart Biederbecke…….Marcus Hunter.

407 Posts

Savannah Wilder, Jan Spears , Amanda Howard, Tek Kramer,
    Lord this isn’t easy!

56 Posts

Howie Hofstedder

Profile photo of MiryMiry
    125 Posts

I just love this! You guys rock!!

397 Posts

Two more Lone Ranger characters:

1. Lynn Burke. This is the woman who gave Sami the date-rape drug she used on Austin. She later worked for Kate. I don’t remember what she did in this job though. Later, she worked for Stefano who made her give drugs to Laura Horton to keep her in a state of partial amnesia. She was in Salem for about five years.

(Funny how people always remember that EJ raped Sami but forget that Sami herself raped someone.)

2. Emmy Borden. As I recall, she worked at the hospital and was somehow connected to Lawrence Alamaine. She became obsessed with Bo after he slept with her and later tried to kill him and Carly.

407 Posts

God I don’t even remember Emmy Borden lol!! Where the hell was I? Oh yeah I was in school and working full time during that time period so I missed some stuff!

personally I always remember that Sami raped Austin. That is why Austin and Sami should not be a couple. Same for me with Sami and EJ. I would never want Jack with Kayla either. That’s another PLOT that I would like to see retired (rape that has no long term consequences for either party. If soaps were to seriously attack rape in a realistic way and if the attacker is known, he or she is punished, then I would be glad to watch and support the story.
    2 more not attached characters
    Faith Taylor was a young girl that was connected to Tanner. Her real life portrayer was Mindy Clarke,daughter of John Clarke (Mickey).

Dr Kate Honeycutt (talk about stunt casting, Kate was played by Elinor Donahue) was the real Kate that Bill Horton dated after Laura was put on the funny farm. As opposed to the Kate Roberts that got superimposed into the story in the 90s (Bill would have NEVER cheated on Laura for one very important reason. This man was totally obsessed by Laura. He simply did not see anyone but her). But atleast we have Lucas from teh remaned history and also our beloved Will. So it worked out in the end.

56 Posts

Hate to be a spoil sport but Faith Taylor’s father was on the show for a while. His name was Saul Taylor. I believe he was some sort of travelling evangelist.

407 Posts

Dammit. I knew her father was a evangelist. I just didn’t remember him ever being on the show. I shoulda looked it up!!!!!
    LOL!~

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.