Forums General Hospital GH 12/18 – Freaky Franco Friday!
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of J Bernard JonesJ Bernard Jones
    171 Posts

• Franco pulls " A Mitch Lawrence" and digs up Claudia’s body…but wasn’t the body (not just the cabin) burned?
    • Jason & Sam are freaked out
    • Liz & Nik intercept Rebecca’s attempt to tell Lucky about their affair
    • Sonny continues to unwittingly implicate himself to Dante in Claudia’s death
    • Carly makes the rounds in Port Charles…and runs into Franco?
    • Jill Farren Phelps STILL hasn’t updated that ding dang opening!

…and more! Discuss today’s episode here!

Profile photo of cookooclockcookooclock
    409 Posts

I don’t want this to come out the wrong way. But exactly what was the point in having Liz re-tell her rape story? I couldn’t figure it out…once moment Rebecca was about to tell Lucky that LIz was cheating…the next thing I know Liz is talking about it. I’m confused and I feel used. I felt myself feeling sorry for her, and then I got upset because it was clear that the WRITERS where trying to make me forget the righteous indignation that I had been building against her for this NIZ crap.

(side note:   I wasn’t watching when this all went down so I was grateful that she explained since it”s been brought up a couple of times since Ive started watching)

Profile photo of FaisonFanInTexasFaisonFanInTexas
    299 Posts

That drove me crazy today, the retelling of the rape!  It made Rebecca back off, but it WON’T stop Nik!  I think he’s PROVEN that he doesn’t GET rape. (Connor/Emily)  I HATED that, please Lucky RUN for your life!  I HATE Liz and Nik and find them completely disgusting.  SOMEBODY TELL LUCKY ABOUT NIZ!!!!

Profile photo of jlj0117jlj0117
    83 Posts
    Franco pulls " A Mitch Lawrence" and digs up Claudia’s body…but wasn’t the body (not just the cabin) burned?

no. they moved the body to the trunk, and then set the cabin on fire.  it would have been smarter to burn it,  but then we wouldn’t have the story line we have goin.

83 Posts
    I don’t want this to come out the wrong way. But exactly what was the point in having Liz re-tell her rape story?

They have been showing flash backs of the original L&L2 alot lately. I think it is to get the audience used to JJ again, and to show newbies why their story was so special.  That is why it pisses me off that they are using it to tear the three of them apart. That was one of the greatest story lines in the 90s, and GUZA IS KILLING IT!

here is a link for cookooclock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IAkulQnXsM

Profile photo of cookooclockcookooclock
    409 Posts

wow..samrocks I didn’t even think of that. But that’s EXACTLY what she did, because Rebecca didn’t say anything after that. That’s pretty twisted and disgusting

ps. thanks for the clip jlj0177 

Profile photo of samrockssamrocks
    82 Posts

[quote=cookooclock]I don’t want this to come out the wrong way. But exactly what was the point in having Liz re-tell her rape story…I’m confused and I feel used. I felt myself feeling sorry for her, and then I got upset because it was clear that the WRITERS where trying to make me forget the righteous indignation that I had been building against her for this NIZ crap.[/quote]

Cookooclock, that’s EXACTLY how I felt!  But I was pissed at the writers for a different reason.  I loathe Liz (not like, EET-loathe, but still…) but even SHE wouldn’t do something so completely in poor taste in order to get someone to keep quiet about her affair.

Profile photo of J Bernard JonesJ Bernard Jones
    171 Posts

Ah, thank you. Because I thought Jason originally ordered Max & Milo to burn the body, too but I did not remember whether they had done so or not.

Profile photo of FaisonFanInTexasFaisonFanInTexas
    299 Posts

Liz made me SICK the way she just blurted out, "I was raped."  That’s not something you just TELL somebody, you crazy ho’!  Then the retelling and all the flashbacks.  It did NOT make me feel for Liz OR make me want her back with Lucky!  OK, people, HOW LONG before she goes to Spoon Island for another ROUND!?  Skankabeth!!

83 Posts

Lucky said maybe all this would make a lil more sense if you had some understanding of what you walked into and Rebecca was going on and on about how she know all their history and then Liz proceeded to really school her on her history with Lucky and how the 4 of them became friends. Liz’s rape/Emily blackmail did help bring all four of them as friends(and was also the key factor for Lucky and Nik finally bonding as brothers) . So Liz was telling her the whole story.

Sorry,  I have a soft spot for that group. I always knew the show because of my mom. But when I was 15, Liz, Lucky(JJ), Em(Amber), and Nik, got me hooked.

BTW, I loved being able to call my mom, and rub it in her face that I was right about Ronnie being a crooked ass cop. HA HA HA

the thoery of opposites
    Profile photo of EricasEvilTwinEricasEvilTwin
    1035 Posts

I had mixed feelings about it.  It felt like a huge plot point to me and I am not sure if the writers were having Lizard use that or if it was suppose to garner sympathy or what.  I think it really kind of made me angry to think of all the things Lucky did for her and see the way that she treats him now.  Its one thing not to love him, she doenst owe him that, but she does him truthfulness.  She could have turned down the marriage proposal and waited for him to get use to the idea and then started "hanging out" with nik.  By this time she would be able to say to him, hey I didnt mean for this to happen but I am starting to have feelings for nik.  Sure it would hurt, but it would be honset.

83 Posts

I’m thinking it was more plot point. A badly placed plot point, quite like the plug for NINE that they had kate and Coleman do the other day.

The flashbacks are good, but the writers need to look more at the clips that they are showing, and LEARN from them,  so that they can tell this story the way it needs to be told.

Profile photo of CyberologistCyberologist
    78 Posts

As a fan of the muskateers I got the point very well the rape is where they began and it was a huge storyline that involved Lucky/Elizabeth/Em and Nikolas
    …(very well written)

I interpreted it as Lucky/Elizabeth bonding

and for those who don’t know the history of them there are many fans who do not
    and the flashbacks were awesome…they really acted well off each other

IMO it was to reinforce their solidarity and how strong they were (which they was)
    the scene was about Elizabeth Webber and Lucky Spencer and for their fans I’m sure they enjoyed it…
    Her rape is where LnL2 began is what I got
    As a fan (of the muskateers) they were reliving their past and it was for the benefit of Nikolas.

I enjoyed it I just wish Rebecca and Nik weren’t there.
    They didn’t need to be but I guess its their way of pushing another plot point
    and the way this horribly written story (for me) is going down I have about two guesses what
    it will be) …

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.