Forums The Young and the Restless I need help with a Y&R history question
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sodsince16sodsince16
    33 Posts

Dear DC community,

My earliest soap memory involves Y&R but I cannot remember the name of the character or the fallout of the story, just the image.  

I remember that in the beginning (when Hasselhoff would break into song after a surgery)  there was a woman who wore a veil.  She said that she was hiding a scar.  I remember being fascinated that the veil attached to her bouffant hairdo, and she changed the color to match her outfit.  Here was a woman who was ashamed enough of her scar to hide it, but every time she bought a new outfit she bought a matching veil?   Anyway, one day she admitted that the scar was fake, and she jumped out of the window in order to frame her daughter-in-law because she was actually dying of something.

Two issues – (1) who was this veiled lady and what do you remember about her?  and (2) Didn’t Victor later move into her house? – or at least the back window of the ranch reminds me of the window from which she made her leap.

Profile photo of AnalizaAnaliza
    66 Posts
    Wow, talk about a blast from the past.  I had forgotten all about this until you brought it up.  Yeah, she was nuts.

I had to do a little digging to find this but here it is:

Lance Prentiss found a summer home for his mother, Vanessa, in Genoa City. Vanessa wore a veil over the lower part of her face, supposedly to cover a horrific scar that she had received while rescuing Lance from a fire five years earlier. Embarrassed by her condition, Vanessa never ventured into public. When Lance found himself intrigued by Leslie Brooks, Vanessa feared that she would lose her son to another woman.

Here’s the link to the rest of the story:

http://www.theyoungandtherestless.com/show_guide/yearly_summaries_detail_1049.html

Thanks for reminding me why I started watching this show.

Profile photo of sodsince16sodsince16
    33 Posts

thanks Analiza

I had no idea the full history was on the Y&R website.  Also, it’s amazing that I remember that whole story as a blur but it took 5 years on screen.  That says something about soap writing and pace today

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.