Forums The Young and the Restless Jeanne Cooper is LEAVING Y&R…..
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Coffee_JunkieCoffee_Junkie
    5 Posts

Temporarily due to health reasons. She’s apparently been *in and out of hospitals.* The old gal is 83 so I hope she’s okay. SInce Katherine is right in the middle of a storyline they have to bring in a faux Katherine. It will be Michael Learned (Ma/Olivia Walton on *The Waltons). She starts taping as Kay Chancellor next week. I think she’s about a DECADE younger than Jeanne Cooper.

There’s a story about this on the Entertainment Weekly website. I wasn’t sure if posting a link to it was allowed here, so I won’t.

Profile photo of marknsprmomarknsprmo
    407 Posts

I hope that Jeanne get’s well soon! It will be interesting to see Michael playing the role. I have never seen her play a wealthy matriarch before! Her usual stuff is lower to middle class but she has alot of grace about her so I think she can pull it off.

Profile photo of SoapGuyFloridaSoapGuyFlorida
    3 Posts

[quote=marknsprmo]I hope that Jeanne get’s well soon! It will be interesting to see Michael playing the role. I have never seen her play a wealthy matriarch before! Her usual stuff is lower to middle class but she has alot of grace about her so I think she can pull it off.[/quote]

She played one on Law & Order: SVU one episode, and I thought she was believable in the role. This is about as good of a recast as was possible.

Hope Jeanne gets well soon!

Profile photo of ldylkngldylkng
    114 Posts

No one should be taking her place, they should have her go out of town with Murphy for a rest. Get well soon Jeanne!!

Katherine is being temporarily recast. Gonna be tough to find someone even close, but I hope Jeanne Cooper gets well soon. Hope its’nothing serious. She is so good and fiery on the show, sometimes I forget she is actually up there in age!

Profile photo of JonJon
    6 Posts

Michael Learned was fabulous as cancer patient Shirley on GH. I’m sure she’ll do fine keeping Ms Cooper’s role warm!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.