Forums Days of Our Lives Melanie and Daniel Don’t Deserve Ornaments
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    2899 Posts

I was sickened when Maggie gave Daniel and Melanie ornaments for the Horton Christmas tree. They do not deserve one! They are not Hortons by blood or marriage and therefore do not deserve to have their names on the tree. I don’t understand what these new writers see in Melanie and Daniel. When they were trimming the cast earlier this summer, Daniel and Melanie would have been at the top of my “to fire” list. They are both annoying, vapid twits, and I have to mute the screen whenever they come on. Disappointed with the new writers for giving the Jonas idiots Horton ornaments.

Profile photo of marknsprmomarknsprmo
    407 Posts

Geez this is not exactly the first honorary Hortons to get on that tree. I think the writers are filling out both characters and I don’t dislike them as much as I did. In fact I am kinda diggin the Melanie and Chad. Being Maggies kid and grandkid, gives them every right to be on that tree. Maggie was a Horton for Thirtyfive years. Her other kids are not bio Hortons either but they have ornaments. It is Cristmas Mr Crane uh Scrooge! Lighten up!

2899 Posts

It’s not about “lightening up”, it’s about these writers trying to shove the two most awful characters on the show down our throats! It sickens me that they’ve biologically connected the Jonas losers to Maggie, and now they’ve even got their own ornaments. Daniel and Melanie ain’t ever gonna be REAL Hortons! Their ornaments should be on a fiery Xmas tree in hell!!!

Profile photo of DinahDinah
    2 Posts

I agreee

Profile photo of SoapArmageddonSoapArmageddon
    397 Posts

I have to agree. It’s too soon. Of course, Maggie accepts them, but she should have given the members of the Horton family time to accept them as part of THEIR family before giving them their own ornaments.

Profile photo of akbad806akbad806
    243 Posts

They had to spread the wealth and it ties into the new DAYS reconnecting the families. That’s why they made Daniel Maggie’s son, so he would be tied to a major character. I don’t care for Melanie or Daniel, but I like that they’ve been better integrated. Besides, denying them an ornament would have been mean….

397 Posts

I can understand why so many of my fellow Days fans have this utter dislike for Daniel. He was such a sleazebag until they coupled him with Jennifer. But he’s really grown on me now; and, unlike Roark Crichtlow who was a rather robotic Dr. Mike Horton, Shawn Christian can actually portray various emotions realistically.

BTW, if they ever bring back Mike, they should give Grayson McCouch a call. He would give the character a much-needed edginess. And age is really not an issue here because Mike has been SORAS-ed and De-SORASed quite a lot.

Profile photo of akbad806akbad806
    243 Posts

Colleen Zenk Pinter as Laura Horton

Profile photo of harlee490harlee490
    957 Posts

I agree with you SA. Daniel, I’m not a hater and think Daniel could be useful. SC is good actor, I know I’m not familiar with Daniel’s background and how he was introduced on Days. But since I have been watching I’m not seeing the hate seeing what could be done with the character…rather or not he’s with Jennifer. I will admit I’m somewhat prejudice because I liked him on ATWT and his character. I wish Daniel wasn’t a doctor it doesn’t fit SC and his acting style. SC’s strength is playing that blue collar working man.

I thought the same thing about Grayson playing Mike, he would be very strong and the other I thought if not Grayson would be Mark Collier.

957 Posts

I agree Mark, Maggie has been a Horton many, many years. I think maybe it would have been better for this year to had Hope and Julie give Daniel & Melanie a bulb to paint their names on to welcome them into the family. Then maybe fans wouldn’t been taken off guard instead of having Christmas bulbs ready to go.

the thoery of opposites
    957 Posts

@akbad806 I love the that idea! :) I don’t care what she plays, just put Colleen Zenk (she’s divorced now) back on my TV :p

407 Posts

I would very much be on board with Grayson playing Michael Horton. I was also thinking of Ricky Paull Goldin. He did a good job as a doctor on AMC and he has a great sense of humor like Michael had in the 1980s. I could see either one of these guys in the role. It would bring back the edginess of the character. I agree that desorasing and sorasing this character alot has made his age indeterminate. Much like Laura and Bill too. Heck the last guy that played Bill could have played Michael age wise!

Profile photo of Ryan-ScottRyan-Scott
    156 Posts

Oh boy….

Profile photo of Soap_StudSoap_Stud
    23 Posts

Erika Slezak as Laura Horton would be great. I love Maggie. Suzanne is just so darn good in the role. I think Daniel and Melanie have came a long way since their debut. I like them so much more and I am fine with an honorary ornament. Like it was stated before, it isn’t he first time.

Profile photo of Ryan-ScottRyan-Scott
    156 Posts

Maybe I have been watching Days too long (1988) but I can totally hear in my head Alice telling Maggie “Do it darling” in regards to giving them ornaments.
    That makes it ok with me.

Profile photo of david46208david46208
    826 Posts

I’m going to pull a Marget Thacher here and say: No, no, no!

lol

I’m cool on the hiring. Just give me Celeste to compliment Lucas and use who we got on canvas and I’m fine.

407 Posts

I think Erika Slesak would make an excellent Laura Horton. She has every quality I would look for in the role. Even looks. Blond hair nordic type.
    She is totally capable of handling the craziness if they chose to use that part of her. Personally I would like for her to get past the crazies and be more like the Laura Horton of the 70s.

397 Posts

There’s another forum saying Days should hire a bunch of actors from OLTL. I don’t agree with that, but I do think they should hire ONE big star from OLTL to play a familiar Days character not currently on screen. Erika Slezak as Laura would do nicely and/or Jerry Ver Dorn could come in as Bill Horton.

OLTL viewers would tune in and help Days to pump up its ratings.

Profile photo of SonnySprocketSonnySprocket
    56 Posts

I could actually see Erika Slezak as Laura. Though I am not sure there is anything for that character to do on the show at this time. Not sure she would be willing to move to L.A. anyway.

2899 Posts

Jaime Lyn Bauer is Laura, and a damn fine one at that.

SA, I wouldn’t hate Daniel so much if the tanned arsehole weren’t coming between Jack and Jenn. Plus, Daniel is a superfluous character and making him biologically connected to Maggie isn’t going to change that. Daniel is a waste of airspace, and so is his stupid daughter Melanie.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.