Forums The Young and the Restless MORE STUNT CASTING ON Y&R….Entertainment Weekly reporting Catherine Bach to Y&R
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of harlee490harlee490
    957 Posts

Entertainment Weekly, actress Catherine Bach (ex-Daisy Duke, “Dukes of Hazzard”) will be joining “Y&R.” She will first air on February 7, and begins taping January 10. Her role? Catherine will be playing Anita, the mother of Chelsea (Melissa Claire Egan), and it sounds like she’ll be plotting while in Genoa City.

Are you excited about Catherine joining “Y&R?” |( |( THIS IS SOOOOOO OUT OF CONTROL WITH CASTING!

Profile photo of stoney07stoney07
    280 Posts

I don’t consider it stunt casting simply because I’ve never heard of the woman. I mean sure I heard of the show she was on, but geez…I highly doubt TPTB would think this would be a big draw to the show. Sometimes I think they just hire people because they feel that they are best for the part….

Profile photo of alstonboy4315alstonboy4315
    853 Posts

Catherine who? If they’re gonna pick C and D list actors, at least find some who are SOMEWHAT recognizable in the mainstream!

And again I ask, why do we need a new character on this show?

Never mind……………….

(tosses hands up in the air…………………….)

Profile photo of Carol2Carol2
    3 Posts

[quote=stoney07]I don’t consider it stunt casting simply because I’ve never heard of the woman. I mean sure I heard of the show she was on, but geez…I highly doubt TPTB would think this would be a big draw to the show. Sometimes I think they just hire people because they feel that they are best for the part….[/quote]

They like to cast people they think might get a few nostalgia viewers. Remember when they cast Cindy Brady for one day at a playgroup? One of the daughters on Father Knows Best married Victoria and Billy.

Profile photo of SoapArmageddonSoapArmageddon
    396 Posts

Washed-up Hollywood types who were never ever A-list actors and reality show rejects.

It hurts like hell that I cannot go back to watching a show that entertained me and that I was a faithful viewer of during some of my life’s most difficult periods.

Profile photo of ScoutScout
    38 Posts

Catherine Bach doesn’t seem like stunt casting to me. Has the woman worked a day since ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ went off in ’86? Besides the reunion movies, of course.

I always thought “Stunt casting” was loosely defined as casting someone considered a hot property. To me, James Franco’s (evidently unpopular) appearances on GH is more like stunt casting than Daisy Duke and Cindy Brady.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.