Forums Days of Our Lives My Ideal Days Cast
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    2899 Posts

Working within the parameters of Days’ current set-up, here’s my ideal dream cast for Days going forward. Currently the show has 26 contract actors, so I’ve kept my list to about the same. My preferred actors are in parentheses.

Contract
    1) Marlena
    2) John
    3) Hope
    4) Bo
    5) Jennifer
    6) Jack
    7) Carrie
    8 ) Austin (Patrick Muldoon)
    9) Sami
    10) Lucas
    11) Nicole
    12) EJ
    13) Kate
    14) Stefano
    15) Maggie
    16) Will
    17) Carly
    18) Chad
    19) Vivian
    20) Brady
    21) Lexie
    22) Abby (recast)
    23) Nicholas Alamain
    24) Sarah Horton
    25) Eric Brady
    26) Jackson Kiriakis
    *27) Jeannie Donovan
    *28) Andrew Donovan
    *If there is room in the budget, I’d bring these two characters on.

Recurring
    1) Victor
    2) Doug
    3) Julie
    4) Justin
    5) Adrienne
    6) Caroline
    7) Roman (Wayne Northrop)
    8 ) Celeste Perrault
    9) Ivan Marais
    10) Don Craig

Characters I’d Bring Back for Short-Term Story Arcs
    1) Peter Blake
    2) Frankie Brady
    3) Alan Harris
    4) Bill Horton
    5) Laura Horton
    6) Hattie Adams (Andrea Hall-Gengler)

New Love Triangles and Quadrangles
    -Caroline/Victor/Maggie/Don
    -Stefano/Kate/Bill/Laura
    -Brady/Nicole/Eric
    -EJ/Sarah/Nicholas
    -Abby/Chad/Jeannie
    -Will/Jackson/Andrew
    -Carly/Lexie

Jeannie Donovan is a nurse by day, but it’s just a cover for her top-secret job as an ISA agent. Jeannie doesn’t want her family to know she’s followed in her father’s footsteps. Jeannie’s tough, headstrong, and working undercover to topple the DiMera/Kiriakis crime syndicates. Although it doesn’t manifest itself immediately, Jeannie suffers from the same condition as her mother: multiple personality disorder.

Supercouples
    John/Marlena/Bo/Hope/Jack/Jennifer –> I’d keep these six together and toy with NON-romantic pairings like Hope/Jack, Marlena/Bo, and Jennifer/John

Profile photo of marknsprmomarknsprmo
    407 Posts

I like your list pretty well. I would stick Doug and Julie on contract and make them like the early Dr and Alice Horton were. They were kind of the platform inwhich the show revolved around. They kind of had their fingers in every pot. I would also like to submit Steven Olsen and an offspring (as played by Steven Schnetzer) who is Julie and Hope’s brother. I am SURE he has had some dealings with the Dimera family in Europe and may be a primary player in some of the reasons that the Dimera family came to Salem to start with. For instance it could explain how Tony ended up married to Liz Chandler. Perhaps Tony and Steven were college roomates and introduced Liz (and Kate) to the Dimeras. He could have also been a spy for the Dimera family at some point. If Steven suddenly showed up after 30 some odd years, he could make life interesting for the Dimeras and for the Hortons once again. Maybe he has a daughter as well that could mix it up with the younger group. Perhaps she is a figure skater and Hope takes an interest in training her. Maybe she falls for Chad…..

Profile photo of Anonymous
    2899 Posts

Doug and Julie don’t need to be on contract. I’d say the screentime they receive now is fair. They are really just supporting characters and not driving story. Plus, being on recurring allows Susan Seaforth Hayes to make the occasional appearance on Y&R as Lauren’s mother, the bitchy Joanna Manning. *heart*

There is no room on the show for characters we haven’t seen in over 25 years like Steve Olson or Tommy Horton or Sandy Horton or Jessica Fallon. Days was silly to create Nick Fallon and then never bring back his grandmother Marie for scenes together. At least they were smart by bringing on Nathan just as his grandmother Maggie was starting to appear more.

Profile photo of david46208david46208
    826 Posts

my version of your list would have:

Contract
    1) Marlena
    2) John
    3) Hope
    4) Bo
    5) Jennifer
    6) Jack
    7) Carrie
    8) Caprice (recast with Amelia Marshall)
    9) Sami
    10) Lucas
    11) Nicole
    12) EJ
    13) Kate
    14) Stefano
    15) Maggie
    16) Will
    17) Carly
    18) Chad
    19) Vivian
    20) Brady
    21) Lexie
    22) Abe
    23) Brandon
    24) Celeste
    26) Theo (aged to a teen)
    *If there is room in the budget, I’d bring these two characters on.
    * Nurse Lynn
    Recurring
    1) Victor
    2) Doug
    3) Julie
    4) Caroline
    5) Roman (Wayne Northrop)

ghrulz12
    0 Posts

I remember the Celeste/Caprice story that was hinted at but never went anywhere. Celeste received a chain of paper dolls at Stefano’s will reading in 2002, and it was heavily suggested that she and Caprice were enemies.

I miss Celeste and her friendship with Caroline especially. I like how she was “Frankie” when she was with Caroline. Celeste should be back not only supporting Lexie but Caroline as well (would LOVE to see Celeste tell Maggie to keep her hands off Caroline’s man!), and she should even be involved with Vivian. Too bad they didn’t bring back Ivan because he and Celeste briefly dated.

Days would be a lot more fun if they had their resident psychic onscreen.

Profile photo of david46208david46208
    826 Posts

[quote=AlistairCrane]I remember the Celeste/Caprice story that was hinted at but never went anywhere. Celeste received a chain of paper dolls at Stefano’s will reading in 2002, and it was heavily suggested that she and Caprice were enemies.

I miss Celeste and her friendship with Caroline especially. I like how she was “Frankie” when she was with Caroline. Celeste should be back not only supporting Lexie but Caroline as well (would LOVE to see Celeste tell Maggie to keep her hands off Caroline’s man!), and she should even be involved with Vivian. Too bad they didn’t bring back Ivan because he and Celeste briefly dated.

Days would be a lot more fun if they had their resident psychic onscreen.[/quote]

Yes it would be. I have always had this idea that Celeste would return realizing that she and Stefano had once been married and thought they had gotten it annulled, but that was only ruse by Stefano so he could get at Marlena. Anyways she would return engaged to some mystery man and would seek to end their marriage once and for all. Stefano would want to keep this on the DL so that Kate never knew of it. Then have Caprice return and blackmail both Stefano and Celeste to get what she wants and start to delve into Caprice’s past with Stefano including her helping him with John Black all those years ago only to get stiffed.

Profile photo of bobby_njbobby_nj
    2 Posts

My version of your list would be a smaller and better cast, budget reasons remember, then Days could get better and less focus on certain ppl…Also id bring Doug/Julie back with story, airtime and a contract…

CONTRACT:
    1) Marlena Evans Black
    2) John Black
    3) Hope Williams Brady
    4) Bo Brady
    5) Doug Williams
    6) Julie Williams
    7) Scott Banning
    8) Chloe Lane Banning (she would marry Quinn whos Scott ;))
    9) Carly Manning
    10) Daniel Jonas
    11) Jennifer Horton Jonas (shed marry Daniel,enough Jack,tired plotline)
    12) Abigail Deveraux
    13) Melanie Layton
    14) Brandon Walker
    15) Taylor Walker DiMera (she marries EJ who then is presumed dead, id give EJ a rest, love James Scott but hes on everyday)
    16) Nicole Walker DiMera
    17) Stefano DiMera
    18) Kate Roberts DiMera
    19) Chad DiMera
    20) Will Horton
    21) Sami Brady Hernandez
    22) Rafe Hernandez
    23) Van Hansis as Eric Brady
    24) Vivian Alamain
    25) Laura Horton
    26) Maggie Kiriakis & Victor Kiriakis (new patriarch/matriarch for Salem)

recurring characters:
    1) an aged Ciara (to about 13)
    2) Gus (Vivian always has to have a right hand man)
    3) Maxine
    4) Abe & Lexie (their never on much anyway)
    5) Roman Brady
    6) Caroline Brady

new plotlines would be a gay Will finds out Uncle Eric is gay as well, Nicole vs Taylor over the DiMera fortune (Battle of the widowed DiMera wives as Stefano plays both of them with Kate’s help), Vivian and Gus get involved with a maniac who wants to kill them both (a little history for DAYS fans, Ivan’s family would be after Vivian for screwing her old butler over), Bo is middle aged well besides the pancreatic problem he had 2 years ago-this time he would battle colon cancer and Hope/Ciara would be at odds cause Ciara would be showing signs of being a selfish brat and Julie would see alot of her younger self in Ciara and set her straight… Doug & Julie would be very unhappy to see Scott and Chloe marry and Julie and Victor would agree on one thing: they see Chloe as a “disease” that sucks up men, Julie would resort to her manipulative sides to get Scott to see what a pain in the ass Chloe is to the Horton men… Maggie & Victor would be in the Kiriakis house, Maggie would be lady of the manor, she also would be annerved to see Sarah Horton is back in town and whoring around, will she drink again, will Victor stop her in time?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.