Forums Days of Our Lives New Kiriakis man?
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    2901 Posts

With Jay K. Johnson leaving the show, I hope they don’t recast Philip (JKJ is the definitive—and best–Philip). Instead, I hope they bring on one of Justin and Adrienne’s kids. Justin and Adrienne have four sons: Alexander (Justin’s son with Angelica Deveraux), twins Victor II and Joseph, and Jackson. I’d go with Jackson because then they don’t have to deal with twins or the Deveraux connection. He could come on and fill the void left by Philip by getting involved in the Kiriakis business and also give Justin and Adrienne more of a purpose. Perhaps he could play matchmaker trying to reunite his parents.

With Stephanie going, they should also cast Jeannie Donovan, Kimberly and Shane’s daughter, and pair her with Jackson. I’d give Jeannie an edge compared to all the other girly heroines on daytime—-Jeannie would secretly be an ISA agent like her father! But she’d be keeping that fact hidden from her family to prevent them from worrying. Jeannie and Jackson could mix it up with Abby, Chad, Gabi, and Will, or they could be a little older and mix it up with Chloe or Melanie. But do it, Days! Bring it on!

Heck, I’d also cast Andrew Donovan and pair him with Abby, bring Thad Luckinbill on as Eric Brady and pair him with Sarah Horton, and create a triangle for Jeannie and Jackson by adding Jeremy Horton to the mix. Days, STOP adding new characters like the Hernandez and Walker families and bring on more BRADYS and HORTONS!

I’d bring back Bill and Laura Horton as a couple and have Kate scheme to break them up. Jeremy would be a different kind of character. Unlike his great-grandfather, grandfather, and father, Jeremy wouldn’t be interested in becoming a doctor and that would create a sort of tension in the family.

45 Posts

wow, that would be great. Anything to get rid of that pesky Hernandez clan. I mean a new brother or sister pops out of the woodwork every six months or so.

4 Posts

I love your ideas! I was thinking the exact same thing. Also I think they should maybe bring back Nicholas Alamain and pair him with Chloe. Dylan Bruce (Chris ATWT) would be the perfect actor for the role too.

2901 Posts

Yeah, I’d love to see Nicholas return and have Vivian use him as a pawn against Carly. He could reveal that Lawrence is really Stefano’s son (remember, Daphne DiMera gave her baby with Stefano to Leopold and Philomena Alamain to raise—and since we know that child wasn’t John Black, the only person it could be is Lawrence!).

I’d bring back the original Nikki, Erik von Detten. I am sure he is available. He’s the right age and he has history with Crystal Chappell, Louise Sorel, and Peter Reckell. They could even put him with Abby.

2901 Posts

I am convinced we’ll be seeing Jackson Kiriakis this summer. He’s the only “pure” biological child of Justin and Adrienne. I also think he’ll be Will’s gay love interest, as we know Will will be gay and get involved with a new character.

Avatar of Nathang1983Nathang1983
    70 Posts

Speaking of Will and the Hernandezes: If they are going to make Will gay, shouldn’t that cause them to get rid of Gabby? Can I hope? :D

2901 Posts

Wally Kurth revealed at a Days book signing that one of Justin and Adrienne’s sons is being cast. My money’s on Jackson and that he’ll be Will’s new love interest. http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=bB61f7GHTGBxWboPxZRL3Yh4l5k2TGxc

2901 Posts

Freddie Smith has been cast in a new contract role with Days and it’s looking like he’s one of Justin and Adrienne’s sons (my money’s still on Jackson). Looks like he’ll also be Will’s love interest!

Avatar of SonnySprocketSonnySprocket
    56 Posts

The actor looks like he could fit into the Kiriakis family. Interested to see where this goes.

2901 Posts

Not only does Days need a Will/Jackson coupling, they should do a classic soap love triangle with a new guy as the psycho trying to tear them apart. It would be interesting because they can’t rely on tired cliches like fake pregnancies to keep them apart!

the thoery of opposites
    Avatar of alstonboy4315alstonboy4315
    853 Posts

The only thing missing in this upcoming delicious gay love sandwich is ME………….right in the middle!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

2901 Posts

According to this article, Smith is playing “Sonny Kiriakis”. Justin and Adrienne don’t have a son named Sonny! Methinks it’s Jackson and they’re calling him Sonny because Matthew Ashford is returning as Jack and they want to avoid confusion.

http://www.afterelton.com/tv/gayslives/05-25-2011?page=0%2C4#NEWS

EDIT: Oh DUUUUH! He’s “Sonny” because of the “SON” in Jackson!! I’m so thick! But I was correct about the new guy being not only a Kiriakis but Jackson Kiriakis. As you can see from the first post in this thread, I’ve been calling it since January. I hope they stole my idea!!

2901 Posts

Are you worried about the gay story, or do you think the After Elton/Advocate writers are jumping the gun and getting a little too worrisome ahead of time? Just because we haven’t seen it in the spoilers doesn’t mean it’s not happening. Sonny doesn’t even show up til the end of June. And I doubt the new writers would drop the story. If the story doesn’t happen, it’ll be because Corday got cold feet.

prettyflower10001
    0 Posts

A-Crane,

I think there’s a strong chance that Ken will get cold feet. The NBC execs might try to convince him that the audience “doesn’t want to see that sort of thing,” which is what happened with Frank Valenti on OLTL. But I hope I am wrong. I personally don’t know what’s going to happen, but I do know that DAYS is a HOT, hellified mess right now, and a WELL-WRITTEN gay storyline would DEFINITELY compel me to want to watch this show regularly. I can always fast-foward through all the OTHER inane drivel and BS, but if these writers are worth their weight in gold, as you claim they are, I won’t have to.

2901 Posts

I’m not exactly sure what the responsibilities of an associate head writer are, so I can’t be sure exactly what they brought to Passions. But the fact that these writers worked under creative genius James Reilly, particular Marlene Poulter during Reilly’s 90s Days stint, tells me that we’re going to get some good stories.

Passions featured a lesbian couple, Simone and Rae, for a couple of years. They also did Chad’s “down low” story and played up Norma and Edna as a lesbian couple (remember when, at the behest of Edna and Norma, the stilettos- and steel-toed boot-wearing Italian lesbians stormed the streets of Rome, Pride flags in hand, to beat up Alistair’s thugs? Loved it!). They even featured a hermaphrodite! (Ok, s/he was also homicidal and incestuous, but if you were Alistair’s abused grandchild, you would be too!) So I don’t think these writers would be afraid of shying away from writing a love story between two young men. Also, I think the fact that Freddie Smith recently played a gay character on 90210 helped him win this role.

The last time Days told a gay story was in 2001-02, and it was kind of played for laughs. Greta had confessed her feelings for Jack and, wanting to let her down easy because he still loved Jennifer, Jack told her he was gay. Open-minded Greta loved this and started playing matchmaker. Jack’s plan backfired because his “sexuality” came between him and Jennifer. The show introduced openly-gay Harold as the guy Greta wanted to hook Jack up with, and he was the son of the editor of the Spectator. I can’t remember exactly how the story ended, but I think Jack eventually came clean and a hurt Greta left town. It was almost another year before Jack and Jenn reunited.

2901 Posts

An article from EW: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/17/days-of-our-lives-gay-storyline/

Not sure why they are playing coy with Sonny’s identity. We KNOW he’s Jackson Kiriakis, Justin and Adrienne’s youngest son! I like that Days is brave enough to give a major family a gay relative. In addition to Victor and his parents, Sonny is related to Bo, Ciara, Brady, Abby, and Jack, and that’s not counting his off-screen relatives (his brothers, Patch, Stephanie, Joey, JJ, Jo, Shawn, Philip, Parker, Tyler, etc.).

2901 Posts

So what did you think of Sonny? It’s too soon to say if he has any chemistry with Will. The scenes with his parents were good and I look forward to Sonny coming out to Uncle Vic.

45 Posts

So far I like Sonny. Likewise I wonder what Victor will think about Sonny’s “secret”?

2901 Posts

Has Sonny appeared since his first episode?

Avatar of SonnySprocketSonnySprocket
    56 Posts

He has been in 2 episodes so far. I am impressed. He is a good actor. His 2nd episode involved a dinner with Justin and Adrienne and more buildup that they haven’t told Victor something about him. Tho Sonny seems to be fond of Victor.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.