Forums The Young and the Restless Nikki Newman Fans HELP!!!
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    878 Posts

Ok for all those who aren’t on Twitter…Melody Thomas Scott has been tweeting @MelodyThomasSco and she’s been chatting with fans. She confirmed the reports that she won’t be seen on camera for awhile. She hasn’t received a script in six weeks and doesn’t know when she will return. We need your help to get Sony/CBS to get on it. Nikki Newman fans we need to mobilize before it’s too late. Below you will find different ways to contact Y&R and Sony. The Y&R that Bill Bell built is being destroyed. The Y&R that we have come to known is unrecognizable at times. Let’s let Sony/CBS know that we want to see the female superstar of this show onscreen! Please take a few minutes out of your day to sned email/facebook/tweet/letter to these people. Let’s not wait until she’s out!

It is really important to call/email/mail things in to show our support for Melody Thomas Scott!

Y&R email: yrbb @ tvc.cbs.com
    Tweet them: @YandR_CBS
    Facebook them: The Young and the Restless

Sony email: steve_kent @ spe.sony.com (VP of Programming)
    steve_mosko @ spe.sony.com (Sony President)

Call 323. 575. 2345 ask for the Y&R Comment Line.

Send a comment to CBS:http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.php

Send mail to:

The Young and the Restless
    7800 Beverly Blvd.
    Los Angeles, California, 90036

Maria Arena Bell
    7800 Beverly Blvd.
    Los Angeles, California, 90036

Nina Tassler
    CBS Entertainment President
    7800 Beverly Blvd.
    Los Angeles, California 90036

Steve Kent
    Senior Executive Vice President of Programming
    Sony Pictures Entertainment
    10202 W. Washington Blvd.
    Culver City, CA 90232

Steve Mosko
    President
    Sony Pictures Television
    10202 W. Washington Blvd.
    Culver City, CA 90232

878 Posts

Ok since some of the stuff isn’t coming up properly…You can find all the contact information if you go to http://savenikkinewman.blogspot.com/

This site will give you all the information you need! Thanks all!

Don’t forget to sign the petition too! Click on the link below

http://twitition.com/pjgl9

2901 Posts

I am not worried about Melody. Clearly they are backburnering her for the summer so they can focus on other stories, like the Cane/Colin/Genevieve family drama. I am sure Nikki will be back onscreen later this summer to support Victor when the murder mystery begins.

878 Posts

bump

2901 Posts
    prettyflower10001
    0 Posts

Oh damn!! I think I’m gonna be sick!!! Daniel Goddard gets special treatment while Melody Thomas Scott, a 32 year Y&R veteran, gets the shaft??? This is complete and utter BULLSHIT. Normally, I’d bleep out the cursing, but this time I think it’s appropriate to call a spade a spade!!

Sony and Maria Bell should be ashamed of themselves!!! Another reason why this heffa needs to go, as if any of us really needed one!!!!!!!

Mood: DISGUSTED!!!!

2901 Posts

I’ve been doing my own digging and I think SOD is sensationalizing the story.

On Melody’s twitter, she has given no indication that she’s been *let go* from the show. She wants to be working. It looks like they sidelined the Nikki character (probably for most of the summer) without telling her or explaining. She has talked about how she hasn’t worked since such and such date. When she says she didn’t know ____ was going to be her “last day”, I think she means she didn’t know she was not going to be working for weeks on end.

I am not convinced Melody is fired. I am, however, convinced that Nikki is off-screen for the summer so they can introduce another blonde in her age range—Genie Francis. Also, since soaps tend to focus on young people in the summer, I expect Jill, Kay, Paul, Nina and Lauren to be backburnered soon.

2901 Posts

Earlier today she posted this: “@notthenice1 Thanks!No, last Friday was my last air date. Have shot nothing since. MTS”

If she were OUT, I don’t think she would say “have shot nothing since”, I think she would say, “Won’t be shooting anymore”.

2901 Posts

So apparently Genie Francis hasn’t been working much since finishing filming the climax of the Cane story, and she is worried, so she tells SOW. Sounds like she and MTS are in the same boat!

Avatar of alstonboy4315alstonboy4315
    853 Posts

Laura Spencer needs to take her butt back to Port Charles. ASAP!!!

the thoery of opposites
    prettyflower10001
    0 Posts

Another failed casting! That being said, I don’t blame Genie for Melody being backburnered—that falls squarely on the shoulders of Bell, Sheffer, and Hamner.

Jess Walton and Melody Thomas Scott have gotten a raw deal from Y&R especially since Y&R bends over backwards for Eric Braeden. Nikki and Jill fans, let’s unite!!

853 Posts

I want to kick myself because I was actuallY EXCITED about the notion of Genie coming onto Y&R. But I should have known better. Something told me that this story was going to get old FAST, and it has. I hope they get rid of Daniel Goddard next. I don’t think he’s worth the hassle, nor is he worth the no-doubt hefty pay raise that he’s receiving for playing a dual role.

He ain’t no David Canary, that’s for sure!!!!! Not even close!!!

2901 Posts

What annoys me about Y&R is that so many good players remain on the back burner or in horrible storylines while the nauseating Nick, Adam, Diane, Sharon, Phyllis, Tucker, Ashley, etc. remain on the frontburner. UGH!!!

853 Posts

Exactly. They continue to focus on Lily, Cane, Caleb and Diane, all of whom I DESPISE.

I don’t exactly share your disdain for Sharon, Nick, Adam and Ashley. But I am growing to HATE SyPhyllis. I never thought the day would come when I wouldn’t enjoy Phyllis!!!!! Even back in the 90s when she was an uberbitch, she was still LIKABLE (for me, anyway!) and I always understood what made her tick and rooted for her in a way. These days, she’s totally gone off the deep end!!!!

Sigh.

853 Posts

double post–

Sorry.

22 Posts

I’ve been following Melody’s tweets pretty closely and she hasn’t been fired, but she hasn’t received a script since last week’s shows. She has received no communication from Sony or CBS on when she’ll be working again. Allegedly, she’s over her guarantee but Mel says no one from the show discussed it with her and if she is over her guarantee, it’s news to her. Way to treat a 32 year vet CBS and Sony. What true professionals you are.

2901 Posts

The Suds Report has a scathing insider’s report on Melody’s contract situation: http://tvguide.ca/Soaps/Articles/110610_suds_report_NB

66 Posts

There’s NO WAY IN HELL I believe MTS makes TWICE (!!!) what EB makes. After that comment from Nelson’s ‘insider’ I stopped reading.

When EB was going through his public negotiations, he ended up taking a paycut, and it was reported his salary was reduced to $1 mil a year, down from $1.5 mil a year. You’re telling me MTS makes twice that???

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

853 Posts

:D Marcelle

I agree. The ONLY person in daytime who is making over 1 million a year is Susan Lucci. Erika Slezak MIGHT be making close, but Susan is the richest chick in Soapland. I don’t believe that Sony would pay either of these stars 2 million a year, although that would explain why they had to fire their continuity director and hairdresser……… :D :D

P.S–

Crack is CHEAP! I dun’ made too much money to eva smoke crack. Crack is WHACK…….

66 Posts

^Oh Whitney, hopefully she comes out of rehab resembling her former self.

But yeah, no one in daytime is making that kind of money anymore. Perhaps some statements in that story are true, but I just can’t believe she makes more than EB, let alone twice what he makes.

853 Posts

Did Nelson Branco SERIOUSLY just recommend Nadia Bjorlin as a Kate Howard recast on GH? I’m gonna have to tweet Nelson and ask him what he was smoking!!! Seriously, Nadia doesn’t belong on ANY other soap opera, except maybe in a non-speaking role as an extra. She’s HORRIBLE. They should hire someone like Florencia Lozano to replace Megan Ward in that role. She’d be fabulous!!!

Avatar of liason4realliason4real
    299 Posts

I think FL would eat Sonny for lunch!

853 Posts

That’s what Sonny needs……a woman who can handle him while maintaining her strength and maturity, not a whiny prima donna like Brenda. Plus, she really does look like she could be Lisa LoCicero’s cousin in real life, even though that really doesn’t matter on soaps ;) !! GH would be smart to keep all the bad actors away. They have always had a great reputation for having one of the strongest casts on daytime. Plus, Mark Teschner knows better…….

66 Posts

Yes, Mark Teschner definitely knows better, LOL. If nothing else, GH has a great casting department. Y&R needs to throw some of that stunt casting cash they seemingly have so much of, his way, so he can cast some real actors on that show.

853 Posts

Marcelle,

I agree. Mark should do the casting for ALL the soaps. Give THAT man a pay raise and let him decides who stays and who goes, and then see how quick half the cast of Y&R disappears…….. ;)

406 Posts

Nadia is pretty to look at. She needs to do more print work and less acting roles. Ok no acting roles. She could have a good career as a singer and a model…. she should go that direction……….. and leave off on the soap stuff.

2901 Posts

MTS to another soap? https://twitter.com/#!/SoapOperaNetwrk

I wouldn’t be surprised if GH tries to snatch her up in retaliation for Y&R getting Genie Francis. Days is reinventing itself by focusing on familiar faves so I can’t see them bringing on another soap’s star. I’d prefer to see MTS on B&B as Nikki (NOT a new character! I know Heather Tom and Don Diamont aren’t playing their Y&R characters on B&B, but Nikki is too big a character in the shared Y&R/B&B universe to be someone else in LA).

I’d love to see Nikki in a swanky Promises/Betty Ford Clinic-esque rehab centre in California and mix it up with someone from B&B (come on, they MUST have a drunk or two lined up! Send Katie to rehab!). B&B has a way of freshening up Y&R characters (Lauren, Ashley, Sheila), so this could be a good idea. Plus it would continue Nikki’s story and keep her in the Bell family. Then Deacon could follow Nikki down to LA and mix it up with Hope and Amber.

878 Posts

bump

2901 Posts

According to the spoilers which were posted on daytimeconfidential.com:

“Nikki: The socialite arrives in Genoa City fresh from rehab to be enthralled with Billy and Victoria’s drama.”, I’d say Melody Thomas Scott is ALREADY back at Y&R working and has been for some time now, otherwise, the show would not have released the spoilers like they did!

2901 Posts

She has a certain number of episode guarantees from August to August of each year, and if they go over it, they have to pay her extra. Since she was close to going over her guarantee, they had to bench her til August in order to avoid paying more.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.