Forums Days of Our Lives Recasting Nicholas Alamain
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Avatar of Nathang1983Nathang1983
    70 Posts

I read somewhere that they were recasting the role of Nicholas Alamain. Anybody have any ideas for that one? I wonder if the Stephen Martines would be willing to come back to daytime. He might be good in the role.

Avatar of alstonboy4315alstonboy4315
    853 Posts

Stephen Martines might be needed more on GH to RECLAIM his role as Nikolas Cassadine. Tyler Christopher has been phoning it in for WAY too long. Seriously, a robot with a black toupe could do better than he’s doing right now. Maybe about six months of being unemployed again will slap Tyler back to life.

Sorry to get off topic and whatnot. I am also sorry that I didn’t answer your original question, but I don’t know much about the Nicholas Alamain character, so I really can’t offer much input.

But seeing Stephen Martines’ name reminded me of how disappointed I am in Tyler Christopher….

Okay, I am leaving now. :) :) :) :)

70 Posts

Heh, Alstonboy. I just thought of Stephen Martines because he has the dark “Greek” complexion that they need for the character, in my opinion. I don’t see Victor Webster coming back to the role. I read that the role of “Fletcher” was being cast and some people speculated that the role was really a recast of Nicholas. It wouldn’t surprise me considering Phillip, Nathan, and Stephanie are leaving.
    Also, I think that’s the role that Greg Vaughn was going to read for. Too bad they treated him the way they did or he might have taken the role.

70 Posts

You’re going to hate me for saying this, but what about John Driscoll? He has a somewhat dark complexion, so it might work. Also, he’s in the right age range. They want someone who is 30 to 40 years of age.

853 Posts

I don’t think that John Driscoll is a BAD actor, but he’s also not a good one. I found him to be SLIGHTLY more tolerable on GL as Coop, but he’s the epitome of a pretty face with mediocre talents. I don’t think he would be a suitable choice for this role.

But I don’t hate you for making the suggestion. At least you didn’t say Drew Tyler Bell…. ;) ;) ;) ;)

243 Posts

What about Tom Pelphrey (ex-Jonathan, GL)? He would make Nicholas interesting and add a debanior villian to the canvas with enough power to go after the Dimeras and Kirakises. Imagine TP vs. JS…can you say dominant?

114 Posts

I can! Love him! But hope he gets something permanent, because he makes me want to watch any soap.

70 Posts

That might actually work. I like that idea. Seems like they are going to de-age the character somewhat anyway, considering that Crystal Chappell is still on-screen. He would also fit the “big name actor” they want for the role. Here’s one link about the possible recast: http://soaps.sheknows.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings/1/

2901 Posts

I want the ORIGINAL Nikki, Erik von Detten back. He is in his mid-20s, which is perfect for Carly’s son (they can gloss over the whole Kate Roberts affair). He’s good-looking and we already know he works well with Crystal and Louise. Bring him back!

Hopefully Nikki has figured out he’s Stefano’s grandson and comes back to town to shake things up.

853 Posts

Oh Akbad—

You just read my MIND!!!! Perfect casting choice. Tom Pelphrey is the kind of actor who can play ANY role!!! So versatile! And WHY has he not made it big in primetime or film yet?? He’s soooooo much better than Robert Pattinson and all of the other “up and coming” stars are!!!!

Of course, your idea is TOO perfect, which means that it will never happen!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

They’ll probably just do an open casting search and pluck the first olive-complected HAIR model that they can find to play the part!! Sigh.

I would LOVEEEEE to see Tom in scenes with Joe Mascolo!!!! Talk about FIYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they hired Tom, I might actually have to start watching DAYS again. Actually, I am probably going to start watching again when Tamara Braun starts. I have always been a huge fan of hers, but this would give me an ADDED incentive to watch!!!

the thoery of opposites
    70 Posts

I think Erik Von Detten would be good again, but I don’t know if he would come back or not. He and Tom Pelphrey are the same age, oddly enough (born in 1982). Also, they look alike (different color of hair though, but so what).

2901 Posts

Knowing Days, they probably won’t ask him, but it’s not as if Erik’s too big for his britches when it comes to soaps (his Toy Story 3 cameo doesn’t count).

2901 Posts

Let me explain just how and why Lawrence Alamain is Stefano DiMera’s son….

When “Tony” (really Andre DiMera) returned in 2002, he showed John a letter from his mother Daphne DiMera. In this letter, Daphne explained that she had given her child to her sister Philomena and her husband Leopold Alamain. A DNA test showed that John and “Tony” were related by blood, so everyone believed John and “Tony” were brothers. (Well, the DNA matched because John is Stefano’s brother and therefore Andre’s uncle).

In 2008, we learned that Philomena and Leopold Alamain had actually adopted John, a.k.a. Ryan Brady, the son of Colleen Brady and Santo DiMera, which meant that John couldn’t possibly be Daphne’s child.

Well, the Alamains only had one other child: Lawrence. Since the Alamains adopted John from Colleen, that means Lawrence is Daphne DiMera’s son.

Years ago, when John first learned he was Forrest Alamain, he and Lawrence took a DNA test that matched. Now, since John was a Brady/DiMera child and not an Alamain, he and Lawrence’s DNA shouldn’t have matched. But it did. And here’s my theory on why….

As we all know, Tony DiMera was not Stefano’s biological son. Daphne DiMera had an affair with the gardener, producing Tony. So I think it’s safe to assume that Daphne, noticing Stefano’s evil influence on Tony, wanted to spare her second child (Stefano’s biological son) the same fate, so she pretended to have a stillbirth and gave the child to her sister Philomena Alamain and her husband Leopold. Stefano and Daphne’s biological son was raised as Lawrence Alamain.

This would make Lawrence the nephew of John Black, explaining why their DNA matched even though John was never a biological Alamain.

Now, think of the drama this could stir up: Stefano would instantly hate Carly for murdering his son. He and Vivian could team up to ruin her life. Also, Carly and Lawrence’s son Nicholas is now also a biological DiMera, adding a twentysomething DiMera descendant to the mix.

I doubt the show will ever outright say this about Lawrence, but the facts speak for themselves. Leopold and Philomena only had two children, and since John was Colleen and Santo’s son, that means Lawrence is Daphne and Stefano’s child.

2901 Posts

Based on spoilers I’ve read for this week, it looks like Nikki will be returning to the canvas soon. I do hope it’s with Erik von Detten in the role but this show will probably recast. Maybe he will be slightly de-aged from his Victor Webster incarnation.

70 Posts

I’m hoping they cast Nick. They should have cast him before instead of bringing on Quinn for Chloe. Nicholas Alamain would be interesting paired with Chloe, what with the friendship between Carly and Chloe.

2901 Posts

Nikki Alamain has been recast with Jackson Davis. He airs at the end of this week. This is his IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2006006/

70 Posts

hmm. I wonder if he’s a contracted player?

2901 Posts

I think he’s just a guest star. His appearance will probably be similar to that of Nate Hastings on Y&R.

2901 Posts

I DVRed Days and FFed through it hoping to see Nikki and didn’t, so I rewound and watched a scene of Carly on the phone. They only used his voice! How disappointing. Clearly this Jackson Davis fellow is not the new Nikki and basically just a placeholder until they properly recast the role. They did this in early 2004 when Bo and Hope got an audio message from Billie voiced by some random—it was another six months before they recast with Julie Pinson.

Disappointing!

2901 Posts

Cody Longo is the new Nikki Alamain. He will return to patch things up with his mother Carly and usher her out of town. Glad to see that my wish of Carly reuniting with Nikki is coming true! The casting is odd because they’ve EXTREMELY DE-SORASED Nikki. He is 15 years younger than the last actor to play Nikki, and he’s also 6 years younger than the original Nikki. Odd. But it doesn’t matter because he won’t be around long and will probably only share scenes with Carly and Vivian (and maybe Bo, since he was like a dad to Nikki).

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.