Forums The Young and the Restless RUMOR REPORT: ATWT’S TERRI COLUMBINO (Katie Snyder) TO JOIN Y&R?!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    2905 Posts

Apparently on soaps.com, it’s being reported that Terri Columbino has snagged a role on Y&R. No word on her characters name or when she’ll start airing.

1 Posts

I hope that this rumor does not come true. Y&R already has a bloated cast they really shouldn’t be adding to their cast. When Y&R can’t even utilize 90% of their cast by writing them good character-driven storylines then they shouldn’t add any more cast members. I am still trying to get use to John Driscoll, Marcy Rylan, Eden Reigel, and Jeff Branson as new recasts/newbies and I am not even interested in them. When you have actors like Melody Thomas Scott, Jess Walton, Jeanne Cooper, Kristoff St. John, Bryton James and others, and you can’t give them the storylines that they deserve then there is something wrong. You know the old saying ” You should get your house in order; before you judge someone else”. MAB needs to get Y&R together.

2905 Posts

[quote=Daniboo]I hope that this rumor does not come true. Y&R already has a bloated cast they really shouldn’t be adding to their cast. When Y&R can’t even utilize 90% of their cast by writing them good character-driven storylines then they shouldn’t add any more cast members. I am still trying to get use to John Driscoll, Marcy Rylan, Eden Reigel, and Jeff Branson as new recasts/newbies and I am not even interested in them. When you have actors like Melody Thomas Scott, Jess Walton, Jeanne Cooper, Kristoff St. John, Bryton James and others, and you can’t give them the storylines that they deserve then there is something wrong. You know the old saying ” You should get your house in order; before you judge someone else”. MAB needs to get Y&R together.[/quote]

You’ll be happy to know that MAB/CBS/Sony decided to part ways with Stacy Haiduk (Patty/Emily) and today’s announcement that Wilson Bethel (Ryder) has been given the pink slip. So, that does free up some money for the show to use.

32 Posts

Let’s face it: Y&R is a TOTAL MESS under MAB–disjointed, unrealistic writing leaving you rooting for NO ONE. See my reference to this in my posting titled; “A Tour de Force Performance by Debbie Morgan.” The ONLY reason Y&R is still #1 is because the old folks who still watch it after 37 years don’t have the courage to get up and turn the channel. It’s what they have grown accustomed too–like an old shoe.

879 Posts

If she isn’t coming on as a Victoria Newman recast then I don’t want to see her. Too many people on this cast and my favorite Melody Thomas Scott doesn’t get a storyline.

Avatar of alstonboy4315alstonboy4315
    853 Posts

Terri Colombino as a brunette playing Victoria Newman??? Sure, why not?? Amelia Heinle is as sweet as can be, but couldn’t act her way out of a paper bag. Hell, die her hair brown and recast her as Mac…..and END the daily torture that has become Clementine Ford…..Either option would be great, but not a new character, unless they get rid of some of the EXTRANEOUS/POINTLESS characters who are just sitting around collecting dust in the background. I agree with the post above: You’ve gotta clean up your house and have a yard sale–to get rid of the STUFF, um…I mean ACTORS who you no longer need or want, or who aren’t gonna contribute to your bottom line, HIGHER RATINGS—- before you go out and start buying new stuff all willy-nilly!!! It’s just good business.

And I patiently await the day when Sony and CBS announce that they’ve decided to part ways with MARIA BELL!!!!!!!!!

879 Posts

Victoria doesn’t have to be a brunette. For years Heather Tom was a blonde and one recast of Victoria was an actual blonde, Sarah Aldrin I think was her name. I really don’t care if they have green hair as long as they can act.

853 Posts

Smitty–

Yeah, the name of that actress, who was also on “Port Charles,” is Sarah Aldrich. Why not bring HER back???? In a SOD interview she did a few months ago, she stated that she would be open to returning to daytime, and that soap opera work would suit her current lifestyle well. They’ll never do it, though.

879 Posts

She was awful as Victoria. Much worse than Amelia Heinle. I would rather she stay away from Y&R.

853 Posts

Smitty,

I disagree. I think that Sarah Aldrich is a pretty decent actress. Of course, I can’t think of many actresses who would be WORSE than Amelia is. But this certainly wouldn’t be the first time we’ve disagreed over the talents of certain performers, would it????(Ashley Bashioum, Davetta Sherwood….) ;) ;) ;) ;)
    It’s always fun discussing the soaps with you, though……….

I REALLY want someone like Tamara Braun to come on as NuVictoria, but I feel that working on this show right now—with such crappy writing—would be a TREMENDOUS waste of her talents.

the thoery of opposites
    879 Posts

There is a reason why Sarah Aldrich only last a couple months as Victoria. She may be a good actress but she just wasn’t Victoria Newman. She was anemic just like Amelia.

4 Posts

Maybe she’s going to replace Clementine Ford. Rumor is that she’s leaving Y&R too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.