Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of marknsprmomarknsprmo
    407 Posts

Soap Opera Digest has put out that Carol Burnett is reprising her role as Verla in Sept. before AMC goes off the air! Terrific news for long time fans. I am excited and I don’t even watch AMC…… Carol Burnett has always been a big supporter of daytime even having one of the best spoofs of daytime AS THE STOMACH TURNS on her tv show.

Profile photo of jockteen10jockteen10
    45 Posts

Haven’t heard about Carol Burnett before i google’d her after reading this forum topic. Saw a youtube clip from her show and it was funny. Don’t know what her AMC character was like but I hope her character Verla is funny. Hope it’s just for a cameo though. The show should focus on the vets. It has little time left to do so.

Profile photo of marknsprmomarknsprmo
    407 Posts

jockteen10 keep going back to those utube clips. Carol Burnett is only the funniest woman ever! I recommend you watch the Eunice and Mamma clips, the famous Gone With THe Wind clip is a favorite, Mrs Wiggins is also a great one. There simply never was and hasn’t been anything funnier than the Carol Burnett show. And I am sure Verla will be very fun to watch.

Profile photo of jockteen10jockteen10
    45 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions :D

Profile photo of Ryan-ScottRyan-Scott
    156 Posts

I love Carol Burnett & Verla Grubbs. I remember seeing the clip of Verla telling Myrtle about Liz Taylor’s character that ‘her pilot light is out’ & her return during the 25th anniversary when Verla was with the Pepsi model and got Phoebe’s blessing as part of the family & her return at the hospital for the 35th. She was wonderful as always in all of it. Plus she is a huge fan of the show herself.
    This will be great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.