Forums Days of Our Lives What Happened on Days 1\20\2012
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of marknsprmomarknsprmo
    406 Posts

Todays key characters:Stefano, Chad, Kate, Sami, Madisen, Bo, Hope, Melanie, and Gabrielle.
    Today’s episode could have used a little more dramatic tension. Also, it would behoove Days publicity to hang onto juicy Friday reveals. It gives us a good reason to watch! Overall a solid ep. If you didn’t see the commercials last week exposing that Sami still works for Madisen, it would be a bigger reveal!
    We open the show in the Dimera manse, perhaps later the same day as it was on 2\19. Chad and Stefano wisely chose not to sit on the sofa (they should throw that thing out once a month for all the sex that happens on it. Once could get VD and perhaps EBOLA from sitting on it!). Stefano wants to fund Chad’s newest project the coffee club. Chad ofcourse wants nothing to do with Stefano’s money. (Just wait till he finds out his bromanitic partner Will is working for EJ!) Chad wants to make something out of himself on his own and doesn’t want those puppet strings that come attached to any Dimera kindness. Stefano seems really rebuffed and hurt by Chads refusal to come to the darkside. Family is Family afterall! Chad (probably remembering that to be a Dimera child is risky at best. A vast majority die very early), is slightly touched by his father’s words and leaves on a promising note that maybe Stefano could drop by the coffee shop sometime for a cup. (I am not a big fan of Stefano begging for his son’s time and attention. It seems well unseemly. Stefano does not beg he commands. If commands do not work, a mind altering cd or some serum of somesort may be used. But begging? UHG!)
    Elsewhere in Salem today, Bo and Hope are still going on about that KEY. Ok I LOVE the idea of having a big mystery surrounding Alice Horton. It is about time that she got her own story albiet posthumously. HOWEVER, MOVE IT ALONG PLEASE! (This is reminding me of a badly concieved story on Another World surrounding Mac Cory’s death and a red swan.
    This ugly little statue of a red swan was the subject of Another World for MONTHS. I got tired of the story and I am not sure it even had a point. I have forgotten except that eventually it was found out that Mac had a daughter Paulina) Hope wants to toss the Dimera Manse, with or without a warrent. But Bo has a better idea……. In the mean time Madisen comes over and offers Hope a modeling job. Hope says no, she has enough on her plate right now. Maddie, says well keep it in mind ( I have a thought. Since Madisen wants to have an multi generational clietele for her cosmetics, I think it would be great to focus on an entire family of women as the models. Julie, Hope, Jen, and Abigail could all do group shots of a family of beautiful women who use Madworld cosmetics. I mean how many 68 year olds do you know who look as good as Julie! Hope is still stunning, Jen is a natural beauty and Abigail is nearly as beautiful as her cousin Hope. Just a thought!)
    At Countess W, Kate and Sami are looking over the test shots of Chad and Gabi. They are beautiful together and will be perfect as the new faces of Countess W. Quick use all your witchly powers to make this happen says Kate to Sami! Me? says Sami. I don’t know if Gabi will go for it she loves her brother too much. You know since your husband duplicated and kidnapped her bro, maybe she wouldn’t work for you! Pshaw, says Kate. ALLEGEDLY did those things. Just wave that hot bod of Chad’s under her nose and she will forget all the rest.

Later we find Madisen getting some bubbly out and toasting to Kates downfall. Sami is a mole an she is still working for Kate. The fight was a scam that Kate bought hook line and sinker. Kate is moving ahead with a youthful target market, while Madworld is gonna reachout to the average working woman (using the impossibly thin and beautiful Hope?). Sami is happy their schemes worked and that she is gonna bring down the blackwidow herself. Sami and Madisen decide it is safe to tell Brady and Rafe about it. (Superhero Rafe will have a fit about all the underhanded goings on!).

Kate corners Gab at Intensity and tells her to get ahold of Chad. She wants to talk about the photo shoot. Chad on his way over runs into Melanie who is upset about her father. He is upset about his father. Melanie is experiencing a huge seperation anxiety issue over her father leaving her like so many have before. Chad is sad that he can’t have a normal non monsterous father. They hug but Mel still runs off unable to be with Chad as much as she wants it.

Finally Bo comes up with the idea of tricking Stefano into coming to the bank with his key. He is the other KEYholder that opens A Grayson’s lock box. A Grayson ofcourse is Alice Horton’s maiden name. He has someone calling him from the bank and claiming there is a problem with the box. When he heads there he is stopped by frick and frack ( I mean Bo and Hope). Their plan is working. Now to find out what is in that damned box!.Bo and Hope push your

406 Posts

Sorry ending got cut short. Bo and Hope try to get Stefano to admit that the lockbox is his and Alice’s. And these are the Days of our Lives!

Profile photo of akbad806akbad806
    243 Posts

We definitely deserved a classic Friday cliffhanger. Maybe Stefano could’ve opened the safe deposit box and flashing back to a snippet of his secret involving EJ. But overall, pretty solid episode. We just need a bit more complexity and depth within the storylines.

And I’m sorry, but this reboot has neutered every DAYS villain. Kate, EJ, Victor, Nicole, Stefano, and Sami don’t seem half as menacing as they use to which takes away from their history to me. I want Sami giving Madison stock quotes to buy out CW or EJ and Nicole setting up Abe to be caught in bed with a hooker the night before the debate. We need some scandal in Salem!

406 Posts

I agree that the bad guys could use just a little more mustache twirling badness!
    One thing that bugged me about Friday’s episode was Madison and Sami’s plan to take down Kate. Uh let Kate have the 18-25 year old cosmetic market and we will take the old people! That will teach her! Huh? Since when has that been a marketing strategy? In fashion and cosmetics? Really?
    What is the dif. between going after the older crowd first then getting the younger crowd, and going after the younger crowd first and then getting the older crowd? Having the younger crowd in your pocket will make you seem hipper. Everyone likes to be hip. Even older people. What younger people hate is using their mom’s products. So Madison and Sami’s strategy makes absolutely no sense what so ever. Way to stick it to Kate girls!

Profile photo of akbad806akbad806
    243 Posts

Yeah, I didn’t quite get Sami and Madison’s scheme either. Kate is a corporate “whizkid”, they can’t actually think cornering a different demographic will trump Lady Dimera. Besides, Countess W is an established products while Madworld is a start up. Go big or go home, girls!

I also hated Bo and Hope letting Stefano see them at Horton Square. You see how quickly he put together that they arranged the “issue” with the A. Grayson account. Kind of shitty storytelling, but I’m still loving DAYS.

The previews looked great for Monday, especially the Will scenes!

Profile photo of wiggumwiggum
    72 Posts

I still don’t think that EJ is the baby in the picture though

406 Posts

I think sometimes when new writers take over, they come up with an intitial story that somewhere along the way gets scrapped or altered. I think this story started out something and has swerved in another direction. It would be interesting to find out the original intent and then see how it actually plays out. I would really like this story to be game changing and epic. Anything short of that will be disapointing. I also hope that this isn’t just a way of making Madison some love child of a Horton and a Dimera. We shall have to wait and see though!

Profile photo of wiggumwiggum
    72 Posts

[quote=marknsprmo]I think sometimes when new writers take over, they come up with an intitial story that somewhere along the way gets scrapped or altered. I think this story started out something and has swerved in another direction. It would be interesting to find out the original intent and then see how it actually plays out. I would really like this story to be game changing and epic. Anything short of that will be disapointing. I also hope that this isn’t just a way of making Madison some love child of a Horton and a Dimera. We shall have to wait and see though![/quote]
    I thought it was weird tha MAdison took a pic of Hope and then looked longingly at it. Could Ian Buchnan be a Tony recast??

406 Posts

I would think that Ian is a new character myself. I just think she was considering this whole idea of Hope being the new face of her company. If Madison is connected to Salem, I do not believe she is aware of it. We will find out more when Ian gets here. He may prove very informative to some secret in Madisons past. If Tony comes back it can only be Thaoo. The audience would not accept anyone else after 30 years.

Profile photo of MiryMiry
    125 Posts

Another great post! Keep up the good work!

the thoery of opposites
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.