Forums The Young and the Restless Who is this in this blind item?
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wiggumwiggum
    72 Posts

SOAP OPERA MYSTERY HOUR — The week’s hottest blind item!
    • Remember that blind item a few weeks back that hinted that a major soap hunk’s future in daytime looked bleak? Well, it looks bleaker by the day. Word from this west-coast soap is that this popular actor’s character will indeed be killed off because the writers cannot stand writing for this unbreakable couple — and it can’t kill off the male character’s legacy other half (even though it tried to last year, but the network said no). Upon hearing he was fired, the hunk broke down crying and begged for his job back, prompting the show to placate the actor temporarily. Too bad the actor thinks he’s coming back as a twin, but Suds is assured that’s not happening. He may reappear as a ghost at best. Guess who?

Profile photo of Anonymous
    2899 Posts

Speculation has it that it’s Daniel Goddard, Cane at Y&R. I sure hope so! They should have gotten rid of the dopey, annoying Cane a year and a half ago when it turned out he was the fake Phillip imposter.

Profile photo of alstonboy4315alstonboy4315
    853 Posts

I can’t STAND Lily and Cane as a couple. They are terminally BORING and have been since day one. I feel that the character of Cane does have potential to be interesting, but Lily has dragged him down. They have no chemistry and it makes no sense to me that someone like Cane would logically be attracted to someone as drab and flat as Lily.

And although I am aware that this couple (and these actors) have a loyal fan base, I agree it’s time for Cane to go. He’s NOT Jill’s son, has no REAL ties to Genoa City and they keep writing the same idiotic storyline for him over and over again, which proves that they are not motivated or inspired enough by him to come up with fresh material. Cane lies to Lily to protect her. Lily finds out about Cane’s lies, pouts for 3 seconds and then takes him back. Lather, rinse and repeat!!

Despite trying to make them out to be this “tortured supercouple,” they are not even REMOTELY in the same category as REAL tortured supercouples such as DAYS Bo and Hope, OLTL’s Blair and Todd or AMC’s Jesse and Angie/Cliff and Nina. They shouldn’t be together, as far as I’m concerned.

As much as I dislike the character of Cane, I do like Daniel Goddard. I find him to be sweet, cute and charming (and what a lovely accent!). Plus, he has a family to support and it breaks my heart to hear that he cried and begged for his job. I think it’s sad that he has to suffer because of his washout of a character!!!!

Just to be clear– I DESPISE Cane (especially with Lily) but I like Goddard!!!

2899 Posts

Goddard shouldn’t have a hard time finding work. He’s pretty enough for any of the other soaps. I’d much rather see him as Robert Scorpio’s son on General Hospital anyway.

853 Posts

A-Crane,

I didn’t know you were a GH fan!!!!!!!! :) :)

2899 Posts

I haven’t watched GH in years. The peak of my viewership was Lucky’s 1999 “death” through the crossover with Skye and Rae in 2001 (heck, around that time I even tuned into AMC for Robin and Anna’s reunion!). But I have no interest in watching a General Hospital where the greatest supercouple of all time (Luke and Laura, natch) aren’t together.

72 Posts

Interesting thought… I would have never thought of Cane. I don’t think of Cane and Lily as an “unbreakable” couple though.

853 Posts

I thought it was Billy Miller for a minute there, but he doesn’t fit the full description. And I doubt that they’d ever kill off such a popular and vibrant actor/character!!

GH doesn’t have any TRULY unbreakable couples anymore, so I knew it wasn’t anyone from over there, except for Dominic Zamprogna. It could be him……

Yet I can’t imagine Dominic or Billy Miller breaking down in tears and begging for their jobs!!!!

Or could it be James Scott??? Doubtful. EJ and Sami are hardly an “unbreakable couple.”

Profile photo of DyllanDyllan
    221 Posts

TIIC think Lane is some “unbreakable” or supercouple. I think they were the only ones who enjoyed them. The only good thing about it being Lane is that we would see the end of Lame. That couple was awful! They got storyline after storyline and they completely lacked chemistry. The downside is Daniel Goddard would go. The writers should have paired him with Sharon or Phyllis. I think he could create a few interesting pairings. However, he got stuck with the boring Lily. He is a mediocre actor, IMO. His crying scenes were really sad, but he could so some other things well. I really wish they would get rid of CK instead. I am all for diversity, but I was rooting for the cancer in that storyline.

853 Posts

I kinda enjoyed Cane when he was in that loveless relationship with Chloe, but he has NO chemistry whatsoever with Christel Khalil!!

As annoying as Lily can be, I could NEVER co-sign with TPIC getting rid of/killing off Drucilla’s only child. It would also devastate Neil, Malcolm and Olivia so much that I don’t think that the Winters family could overcome that grief!! She has strangely become the “heart” of the Winters family (I say this as I roll my eyes in disgust!) Lily could be a decent character if they simply got rid of Christel and brought on a more powerful/interesting actress to play the role.

Oh and if they stopped playing her as some tragic housewife with no purpose other than to change diapers and make out with her husband while wearing 5-inch stripper heels!!!

the thoery of opposites
    221 Posts

The last time Cane was interesting was when he was with Chloe/Billy and that was because he was interacting with someone other than Lily. All he does is play wet nurse to Lily. It ruined the character. Phyllis and Cane shared a good scene a while back and I always thought they would have been good together. I guess this finishes off another one of LML’s creation. Jana is the only thing left Isn’t P3 coming back for a funeral? It just amazed me how much the writers wrote for this couple. Oh, and I can definitely see DG crying his eyes out.

I think the Winter family could definitely move on without Lily. Nate could come back or even Dru, and she could raise the twins (and hopefully this time she will instill a personality in her children). They will never get rid of CK and we will never get a recast. Lily’s stripper heels are the only interesting thing about the character. I am tired of this 110 pound sack driving the Winter’s storylines.

Could it be anyone from GH? I don’t watch that show enough to know the couples. Someone mention scrubs? Do they have a dedicated fan base?

853 Posts

Now that I think about it, it could be Jason Thomson, who plays Patrick. But I can’t imagine that Guza would ever contemplate getting rid of Robin or trying to kill her. But they did almost kill Robin last year during the house fire. If it is someone from GH, it could be him, but I really think that A-Crane is right. I think it is Goddard who is going to “die” and that Phillip Chancellor is coming back for his funeral next month!!

Profile photo of thecourt99thecourt99
    20 Posts

What I want to know is…since when do TPTB think that Lily is a legacy character? They certainly don’t treat her as such

853 Posts

The Court—–

The writers and producers do treat Lily like a legacy character…..cramming her down everyone’s throats, giving her FAR more airtime than she deserves, making her the “center’ of the Winters family and centering nearly EVERY story that ANY black character on this show gets around her. Characters like Neil, Olivia, Devon and Devon’s girlfriend only get pulled out of obscurity to rub Lily’s back, comfort Lily or coo over Lily’s twins. And Christel is NOT leading actress material for me. In terms of her acting, I’d give her a SOLID C-!!!!

On another note, they seem strangely enamored with Christel Khalil as an actress as well. They booted Davetta Sherwood, who played Lily after Christel left the show, and brought her back, even though the vast majority of viewers preferred Davetta in the role.

Personally, I didn’t care for either of them!!!!

They give this character and actress the royal treatment, which I don’t understand.

2899 Posts

Phillip could be returning because of the Cane storyline, or he could be returning because Cricket’s returning, or both…it remains to be seen!

Profile photo of Nathang1983Nathang1983
    70 Posts

I agree, Alstonboy. Davetta Sherwood didn’t do anything for me, frankly. She was too stiff and I can’t stand when they recast with people who don’t look anything like the old one. Apparently Y&R loves doing that.
    If I had my way, Justin Barber’s character would be transfered over to Y&R and could mix it up with the characters over there. They’ve done it with other characters like Lauren and Ashley, so I don’t see why they couldn’t do it for him. It also wouldn’t hurt to recast Nate. But then that would require some creativity on Hogie, Paul, and Maria’s part.
    Anywho, I’m getting off on a tangent. I wouldn’t give a hill of beans if Cane left. He annoys the heck out of me. Frankly, they need to start getting rid of other people on this show and taking things seriously.

853 Posts

Exactly, Nathan—

The cast of Y&R is more bloated than Hogan Sheffer after a double order of cheese fries….LOL! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Time to clean house and get rid of some of these underutilized characters who are eating up airspace and not helping AT all to make this show more enjoyable!!!!

Profile photo of jockteen10jockteen10
    45 Posts

I couldn’t agree more alstonboy. I think they should start by booting lily. After cane’s death she could leave town with the twins or something.

2899 Posts

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: fire Lily, put Tatyana Ali on contract, cast Nate Hastings, and BAM! Insta-Devon/Roxy/Nate triangle. Go from there.

Also, I’d bring back Aunt Mamie. I would LOVE to see her clash with Gloria! Imagine the drama if Gloria found out Ashley wasn’t John’s bio daughter. I could see Mamie stepping up to defend Ashley and preventing Gloworm from outing her.

2899 Posts

Y&R is so full of useless characters that it’s easier for me to simply list who should stay: Katherine, Jill, Nikki, Ashley, Victor, Jack, Neil, Paul, Michael, Gloria, Esther, and Ronan (recurring characters like Nina and Lauren are safe). You could fire everyone else and I’d be happy with it!

853 Posts

A-Crane,

I agree about Mamie. Since I can’t have my Drucilla back, why not have Maime back?? She was the true backbone of the Winters family for me back in the day!! She was played by a STRONG actress and she was a powerful source of wisdom for so many characters, especially her girls, Olivia and Drucilla!!!

Lily will NEVER be a leading character as long as CK is playing her.

I don’t know what Veronica Redd is doing these days, but I am sure she could easily be persuaded to return.

Profile photo of RebeccaJRebeccaJ
    16 Posts

Getting rid of Cane would make me happy, getting rid of Cane AND Lily would make me downright ecstatic.

853 Posts

I would never want them to kill off Lily……

Just send her out of town indefinitely and then bring her back in about six months, with a new actress in the role, of course!!

How about Chrystee Pharris???

853 Posts

Nelson Branco pretty much confirmed today that it was Daniel Goddard getting the axe!!!!! And he’s thanking people for their condolences on his Facebook page.

Oh well….mate!! Hope you land on your feet!!!

http://tvguide.ca/Soaps/Nelson_Ratings/Articles/110110_soapgeist_NB

Profile photo of Restless VixenRestless Vixen
    15 Posts

I believe the BI is about Daniel Goddard

But…

I thought DG was thanking people on his Facebook and Twitter because his grandmother died recently, and that’s what the condolences were for. I doubt he confirmed getting the axe because nothing has been officially confirmed in the soap press. I heard after the infamous Jess Walton/Melody Thomas Scott/Eric Braeden pay cut snafus, not to mention Doug Davidson and Kristoff St John getting spanked (with very little screen time) after criticizing the show, Sony/CBS have been very much telling the actors to shut their yap about contracts/terminations until released in the press. I also remember Kevin Schmidt getting spanked for being too loose lipped on his Twitter.

221 Posts

I would get rid of Michael. I think CLB chews scenery. I can’t stand CLB and his over acting and all of his little ticks. His scenes just annoy me.

Could they recast Lily with that girl who played Evangeline on OLTL? I didn’t really watch OLTL when she was on (I was boycotting the show during that time). Was she any good? She might be a little old. However, I don’t think they will get rid of CK because of her appearance.

I wonder why DG was fired. Surely, it is not became of the Lame fan base is too dedicated. That sounds like an excuse.

What did Kevin Schmidt say on twitter?

853 Posts

Renee Goldsberry is too old to play Lily, unfortunately. She’d me a decent romantic interest for Neil on the show, though.

I keep TRYING to like Julie Pace Mitchell, but she’s just too robotic and stiff with her line deliveries for me to fully embrace her!!

Profile photo of josserjosser
    36 Posts

Dyllan,

Kevin Schmidt wrote that he was attending a Newman family funeral, which would turn out to be for Zapato, Victor’s dog.

Profile photo of miamibeachguymiamibeachguy
    4 Posts

Sadly, it is Daniel Goddard. Check out Nelson Branco’s column on TV Guide Canada’s website from yesterday for details.

Profile photo of Restless VixenRestless Vixen
    15 Posts

Yeah, all Kevin Schmidt did was slightly tip the hand of future SL that a “Newman” was going to die. It was pretty harmless, but it’s clear that TPTB/TIIC want to control the spin of rumors, spoilers and “leaks”. MTS mentioned it in her first interview after she quit then re-signed. I just got the feeling Maria and ‘em laid the pimp hand down as fair as what the talent should and shouldn’t divulge. Which is why I don’t think DG has confirmed the BI on his FB or Twitter

Profile photo of debbiedebbie
    3 Posts

I know that this is very much an anti-CK site. From the runners of the site to the posters the site attracts, or at least the ones that post comments. I understand and accept that but what I do not understand is that the ones that hate her can’t seem to accept that there are MANY that love her and Lily and Lane. When confronted with evidence of her and Lane’s popularity, you all express bafflement, dismiss the evidence and proceed to continue your bashing and advocate her firing.

CK, Daniel Goddard and lane are EXTREMELY popular with general fans. They are consistently amongst the most popular couples and Actor/actress in the soap mags, even on this site CK is always in the top 5 when they do the hot 100 for the year or whatever they call it. She’s near the top when they post monthly results too. Now, just the RUMOR that Daniel has been fired has triggered an out-pouring of support the likes of which some of you say haven’t seen before. And still you dismiss her, Daniel and Lane’s popularity. Questioning why Y&R doesn’t fire CK and being surprised by the size of the response.

If you would put aside your hatred for the actress and the pairing and pay attention to all the signs, you may be able to see that, strong as your feelings are against CK, they may not be shared by the majority of the Y&R audience. There has to be a reason CBS begged her to come back when she left and why she still has a job despite what many of you see as poor acting on her part. She’s just very popular with the general audience and IS seen by CBS as a legacy character. Much as you may hate it and wish it otherwise.

2899 Posts

Lily is a legacy character with lots of potential but she’s played by a horrendous actress. Lily has been recast before and was actually a decent, interesting character under the second actress. The character of Lily Winters could be salvaged if she were played by a competent actress. Age her a bit and Daphnee Duplaix would be an awesome choice! Recast, I say, RECAST!!!

853 Posts

A-Crane,

I think Chrystee Pharris would be a great Lily!!

2899 Posts

Hmm I don’t know. I never liked her as Simone on Passions. I preferred the original, Lena Cardwell, and the actor who replaced Chrystee, Cathy Janeen Doe.

Holy crap, Brook Kerr would be a great Lily!!!!

853 Posts

I agree.. Brooke Kerr would kick butt as Lily.

2899 Posts

Brook was great in the scenes where Sister Whitney whipped herself because she still had sexy hot feelings for her “brother” Chad.

Oh Passions, I miss you! *sobs*

853 Posts

Well, I wasn’t really a Passions fan, but I do recall many of the unconventional storylines, such as the hermaphrodite and the supernatural stuff. I also remember Timmy and Tabitha. Josh Ryan Evans was one of a kind!!

Donn Swaby, who played Chad, is one of my friends on Facebook!!! :) :)

221 Posts

Brooke Kerr would be awesome! She is really pretty and not a bad actress. I still think Renee Elise Goldsberry could work. She is only two years older then Brooke Kerr.

72 Posts

[quote=AlistairCrane]Lily is a legacy character with lots of potential but she’s played by a horrendous actress. Lily has been recast before and was actually a decent, interesting character under the second actress. The character of Lily Winters could be salvaged if she were played by a competent actress. Age her a bit and Daphnee Duplaix would be an awesome choice! Recast, I say, RECAST!!![/quote]

I can’t see Daphnee Duplaix as Neil’s daughter though… love interest? YES!

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.