Forums Days of Our Lives Will Comes Out
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of marknsprmomarknsprmo
    406 Posts

I am surprised that this site hasn’t taken notice of this issue yet but for the next couple of weeks, Will is going to be coming out of the closet. I am thrilled and excited to watch this turn of events. It is about time! Also congrats to Chandler for his emmy nom. The show has not played Will much lately and am happy to see him getting more air time. Slow is one thing but this has been a snails pace. I guess better late than never!

Profile photo of SoapArmageddonSoapArmageddon
    396 Posts

Rather surprised by the lack of mention on DC as well, but, when you think about it, the new writers have the younger set stuck in a completely uninteresting web-hacking story that would make anyone ignore the subtext of Will’s recognizing his sexuality. That web story is so poorly told that it makes me question how well they are going to handle Will’s storyline.

406 Posts

soap armagedeon I am with you on that webhacking thing. That whole website has been nothing but confusing to me. They should have tied it into a real site about Days or something. I have wondered why only guys would want to be involved. What the whole site is about. Etc. Now that it is hacked how does that affect anyone or anything? It seems like the writers don’t have a grasp on what the site is. They just throw out some words occasionally that is meant to gloss over the fact that they are not saying anything. And boring it is. I am sure they will handle the coming out story better lol. Because they have managed to handle the non tech stories pretty well so far. I am loving the Jen/Jack/Abby stuff. I also am enjoying the Marlena/John story. Not sure I like the Daniel involvements but then I still think DR McCreepy is well creepy!

Profile photo of harlee490harlee490
    957 Posts

@Soaparmageddon & Mark …I’m confused on this hacking story-line myself. Is it a website by Sonny on gay issues and a “right wing” group trying to hack into the website for names of gay men & women to out them or cause problems? Some how this going to lead Will to confront his sexuality and step forward? Marlena is probably going to be the first person I feel Will confides his true feelings about his own sexuality. I loved the scenes with Will & Marlena. I been observing the posts here and other sites and I really don’t understand why people are saying the reboot is a “complete failure”. Where’s the patience to let all the stories get grounded in there setup? I’ve read a few posts on DC and another site “praising DH” which I’m like Duh? Saying she is a much better writer then the new writers…Lord it hasn’t been even 2 months people are complaining about the direction. I’m loving Days for taking the opportunity and desire to write about emotional human drama. Is it perfect, NO and pacing could be slightly better but the stories are being structured (IMO) for nice setup on the stories. My favorite couple, I have fallen in love with EJ & Nicole. They got that CarJack chemistry going on in all their scenes. I know I’m new to Days but could I be missing something that long time viewers are seeing about the direction? If so please explain to me. I like Daniel, I like the factor he’s Maggie, another story fans are ripping apart, I think Victor made a “donation” to his good friends is why they made him the god-father to Daniel. I feel this will have a ripple effect if he is Victor’s son, it ties him to Bo, Brady, Justin but I think this could have the biggest effect on Maggie about the truth IE problems created with Maggie & Victor. Loving Madison and Brady, another story long time fans are complaining about is SB and how if seems fans wants her to play a “Carly or Claudia” type character and SB has more range and I like her as a traditional type heroine. SB has major acting chops and I feel some are stereotyping her abilities.

PS..SoapArmageddon..I have to mention on the blind item I believe it was you was the first post on each page except one which was Alstonboy and it so nice to see you pop up with your beautiful picture..I always read you and Mark’s posts because they are intelligent and thoughtful posts..thanks both for entertaining me with some degree balance. I want to go home to my CBS too and wish Y&R would clean up their act because I do miss Y&R extremely but I won’t until “murdering Maria” & cronies are fired…”Off With Their Heads” |(

406 Posts

As far as people saying the reboot is a flop, there are people who are not going to be happy with the show no matter what. Days has had so many incarnations that it’s identity is different with different people. So say the people who want possessions and haunted mansions probably don’t like the internal intrigue stuff. Some people may just be tired of these characters that were brought back. Some may not like the pacing. Who knows. I do like most of what is going on.
    As far as that pesky website is concerned, I thought it had something to do with Salem U and sports lol. Not exactly sure but I didn’t think it had anything to do with being gay up till the hacking. But then I thought the hacking was about gambling….. Well I hope that the website thing gets more clear.
    I do like EJ and Nicole but I think people think it would be out of Nicole’s personality to forgive EJ for her mother’s death. Nicole isn’t exactly about forgive and forgeting. Then EJ did dump her for her sister not that long ago. And there has been alsorts of issues of trust and things like blackmail between them. But there is a huge amount of chemistry so that has to count in there as well. And she is quite capable of handling anything EJ does.
    Having Victor and Maggie being the parents of grown up Daniel feels a little too much like a Roman and Kate being the parents of the twins redux. It is kinda unnecessary for me. And that story was a flop. So no need to revisit it! I am not that big of a fan of Daniel to start with. Making him a core member of the show!!! Oh well. I do like alot of the other stuff going on. Maggie and Victor might have been better served with a different story line though. I can think of many!

Profile photo of SoapArmageddonSoapArmageddon
    396 Posts

Thanks for the kind words, harlee490. The nicest people in the world are from Ohio. :)

I will say that I consider mark’s posts on Days to be must-reads. He has a broad historical perspective on the show that I can only dream of having. I began watching Days in the early eighties before I was even ten years old and haven’t stopped watching since. Certainly, there have been times when it hasn’t been good, but I have never quit watching and probably never will.

The show is vastly improved with this new writing regime. I said in the thread about the format AMC and OLTL should take when they go online that maybe Days and Y&R could benefit from going to half an hour now because I am a little bored with how Days is telling its stories… I’d like to clarify that I’m definitely not displeased by the stories, just with the pacing.

Over the years, I also built up a loyalty to Y&R. I considered it and the other CBS soaps as replacements for all the NBC soaps that got cancelled in the nineties, so it’s downright painful for me to admit that I just cannot stand to watch it now.

406 Posts

Soaparmagedeon and Harlee both thanks for the kind words.! I always read what you guys have to say as well. I was always an NBC fan too but I would cross over to CBS from time to time. I am in agreement with you about Y&R. I simply have stopped watching it until they get it together. It is painful to watch when I KNOW what it could be.
    I don’t have the same standards for Days because this show has been up and down for 35 years so it kinda gets more of a pass. I think it is about as good right now as it has been in over a decade though. Plus Days has always been about family and it is kind of like my real family. You might get mad at it or not like them but you still love them. Family is the one constant in this show. I give that credit to the Corday family for keeping family at the forefront of this show (I know that it is not pc to give Ken credit for much but I think within his ability that he has done anything and everything to keep his parents show on the air. He and I have the same sentimentality about this show and its characters. I don’t always agree with his decisions but I respect that he is doing what he thinks is best for the show. I do not believe, like alot of people do that he is out playing golf all day and doesn’t pay attention to this show. I think that some training might have served him better. If one thinks on it, his entire work history is basically Days. But he is always able to pull out some tricks out of the bag at the right moment.)

Profile photo of harlee490harlee490
    957 Posts

Thanks Mark and I here you about “family” because I get what you’re saying about famity and sometimes disliking everything about what’s going on but when it’s embedded in your heart (you know mine GL) you always forgive and pray for the best because you know how good it can be when your show is in top form. When your show…Days is cooking on cylinders like it can be it brings you much pleasure. I’m LOVING Days are now and it’s the simplcity of the story telling of what soaps do best. Days’ characters are having conversations, all the core families are interacting again with friends because Salem is community. I don’t care what people say but HANDS DOWN right now even with the pacing problems DOOL has the most romance on soaps with this new writing team and none of the remaining soaps have very little romance showing on their canvas. Look at all the stories on the rest of the soaps it’s not romance. Between you and Shawn “being” the Welcome Wagon of Salem for me so I understand the connections has made my experience to take a chance and watch Days and I thank you both. Damn, Shawn is as giddy as kitten about Days right now. He thought he would never watch again and so it has came full circle for him. You know now how I feel about Y&R and when I say I want to go home. You’re right about Ken and same as Brad Bell for B&B, every great soap writer has had its share of stinkers but they are constant and know their characters and keep those characters stable which what Y&R is so lacking in direction because Maria has no history in the Bell family business except being married to one…She ain’t Lee Phillip Bell baby ;)

Profile photo of david46208david46208
    821 Posts

Which closet? The kitchen? Vestibule? Bedroom? And is it the master or the the guest? How about the hall closet? ;)

I’m sure this will be a good storyline for audience with the way the show is currently being written.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.