Forums Days of Our Lives WISHFUL CASTING: Chrishell Stause As Cassie Brady Re-Cast
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Avatar of Terry_GyimahTerry_Gyimah
    183 Posts

If anything if Days are serious about rebuilding the focus of this soap around the core families, why not bring back a core family member from one of the core families, the Bradys?

Why not bring back Roman Brady & Kate Roberts-DiMera’s daughter, Cassie Brady

Because like it or not, Cassie is a part of a legacy family the Bradys

Since Cassie’s dad is Roman, Cassie is the granddaughter of Caroline Brady & the late Shawn Brady Sr.

Cassie is also tied to Kate since Kate is her mom

Cassie is Sami’s half-sister, and she is also Carrie, and Eric’s half-sister as well, and Cassie has a twin brother Rex Brady

Cassie is also Austin, Billie, Lucas, and Philip’s half-sister too because they all have the same mom Kate

The last time Cassie was ever in Salem, on-screen, ever was back in 2004, so that’s like 7 long years we haven’t seen her character on-screen and not only that but Cassie has also been mentioned by Sami on occasion, and Cassie was mentioned by Philip as well on one occasion, so why not bring Cassie back to Salem?

Since Alexis Thorpe she probably would not come back to Days as Cassie, why not re-cast the role of Cassie Brady?

Chrishell Stause who plays Amanda Dillon Martin, Jake’s wife and Trevor’s mother, on All My Children, to play a re-cast of Cassie

She would be perfect, hell she even looks like Josh Taylor Roman, the resemblance is pretty much there for them to be father and daughter

Not only that but she could also pass for being Kate’s daughter too

DAYS, IF YOU GUYS ARE SMART, YOU GUYS WOULD MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar of Terry_GyimahTerry_Gyimah
    183 Posts

She would make a great Cassie re-cast

2901 Posts

They need to forget about the Gemini Twins (well, actually, I’m certain they already have) because their backstory and parentage is such a convoluted mess. That being said, I did like Cassie and Jack’s chemistry and there could have been a triangle there.

406 Posts

hey alstaircrane I am with you on this one. The less said about that hot mess of a story the better. Days went crazy for a while with inventing these adult children of characters on the show. This was one of the worst.
    Along with Chelsea being the miscarried fetus of Bo and Billie in the middle of a swamp (huh?). And then the eternally fuzzy parentage of Melanie whose parents are whoever happens to be on the show at the moment. I am not totally against the twins making a return but leave their history in the past. They can just be Roman and Kate’s children without examination of the history….. We can assume they have established strong bonds with their families off camera….

2901 Posts

I never thought the Gemini Twins were all that charismatic to warrant such front burner stories. In fact, I didn’t even like Rex until JER wrote for him and Mimi as a couple. Same with Cassie. In three short months, he turned me into enough of a Cassie fan that I was sad when the Salem Stalker got her. And I enjoyed all of her brief appearances she made after it turned out she was alive, especially trapped in the castle with Jack.

I also didn’t like how they turned out to be Kate and Roman’s kids when there were much better options, but that was Higley’s call, not JER’s.

The way I see, Cassie and Rex DON’T have close bonds with Kate and Roman, nor do they want to. Cassie and Rex were closest to each other, so I can see them living together in Chicago being very clingy and dependent on one another. They have their own insular world. Frankly, I don’t think they need to be mentioned again.

2901 Posts

Also, considering Kate has SIX children, I would rather see her long-running, more established children (Billie, Austin, Lucas, Philip) back on the show before Cassie and Rex. Same with Roman’s MIA children Carrie and Eric.

Billie is older than Austin, right? I can’t remember.

Also, it’s funny how Kate went from interfering in ALL of her children’s love lives to not having any children in Salem. Hopefully the new writers fix that.

Avatar of SonnySprocketSonnySprocket
    56 Posts

I still have nightmares about Cassie and Rex running around Salem in their tin foil underwear when they first arrived in Salem. Can we just forget these characters and pretend like they never exist? Or maybe keep them hidden away in Greta’s virtual Garden of Eden?

2901 Posts

Surely you felt bad when Cassie was turned into cranberry sauce?

56 Posts

Not really. She was the one Salem Stalker victim that I was happy to see get knocked off. Didn’t enjoy seeing the rest of my favorites die one by one.

2901 Posts

I was sadder about Cassie than Maggie or Caroline. She was truly brutalize,d plus she was so young and had her whole life ahead of her. Maggie had been a prop for years so it was exciting to see her play a big role in the Stalker story and then die in a very dramatic way. Now THAT is how you do a serial killer story properly on a soap—you kill off veterans, not newbies. That way, the deaths have a real impact.

The only death that made me angry was Jack because I’m a huge Jackiffer fan.

the thoery of opposites
    56 Posts

The deaths of Maggie and Doug and Jack infuriated. It was a blatant disregard of the history of the show. Yes, they had all been minimized over the years but to have Maggie bludgeoned with a liquor bottle was not necessary. Oh well….that story is in the past and now Maggie is front and center again as she should be.

2901 Posts

Maggie getting killed by a wine bottle was GENIUS. It was a good use of her history to have her meet her end at the hands of alcohol. Personally, Maggie has always worked best as a supporting player so I hope the new writers return her to the backburner.

56 Posts

Totally disagree with that! Keep her up front. She is the best thing going for the show these days.

243 Posts

Maggie kinda fills the Alice Horton void, so I’m all for keeping her front and center. Althought, I must admit, I’ve always felt Julie should have more of presence since she is a real deal Horton and SSH can raise hell when given the right material.

2901 Posts

They only started using Maggie more when Deidre Hall was fired. I expect Maggie to return to the backburner when Marlena returns. I want Maggie to be to the Hortons what Caroline is to the Bradys: a sage advice-giver who supports the younger characters. Maggie doesn’t need to be on more than twice a month as far as I’m concerned (as for Victor and Maggie, I prefer him with his true love Caroline and would rather see Maggie with a returned Don Craig).

I agree with the Alice comparison, but in her last decade or so on Days, Alice only appeared an average of once a month (until the Salem Stalker story when she finally got to play a major role in a story). Same can go for Maggie. I would rather see Doug and Julie living in the Horton house as the new Tom and Alice, filling the roles Tom and Alice played in the past 20 years.

243 Posts

A-Crane, why would you reduce a talented vet to two days a month? That is soooooo a Brian Frons move! Maggie shouldn’t dominate story, but she definitely needs to maintain a presence on DAYS.

2901 Posts

Suzanne Rogers isn’t all that. I am more of a Susan Seaforth-Hayes kind of guy. Plus, Maggie works best in small doses. That’s why her murder scenes had such an impact—because most people didn’t know what she could do, so she was able to surprise the audience.

23 Posts

I love Suzanne Rogers and I am thrilled she has been given more to do over the last couple of years. I love her romance with Victor, though I wish Caroline would have had more to say and do about it. The emmy winning actress does a great job working with the younger actors on the show. It was only after they moved Melanie into Maggie’s house that I started rooting for Melanie. I hope the rumored return of Marlena, who I also love, does not mean less of Maggie.

23 Posts

I wish we could see more of Doug and Julie, but I think the actors enjoy the freedom of recurring status. THey are always traveling and attending fan events.

2901 Posts

For the type of characters they are, I think we see just enough of Doug and Julie. I would like to see them used the way Alice was used in her final years, putting the kettle on and consoling their family members.

816 Posts

When it comes to acting. Suzanne Rogers is in tip top shape. She also has the Emmy too boot. But she is as has been said before one of the the top 3 actresses in Days when it comes making things believable and in the past she showed more acting talent in her little finger then actors who were getting 5 days a week when she was just in and out of scenes in less than 30 seconds. She is a gem.

Now as for Susan Hayes it’s another story. I thought at first that maybe it was just the curse of Days that made her over-act in scenes to the point of bad comedy. At Days it appeared that sometimes her “thing” seemed to work. Then at times it was off. But after seeing her appear on Y&R, B&B, and Sunset Beach. I found that it was her, not the writing or directing that did it. It was her style of acting that seems very much 60′s and 70′s style silly soap acting verses someone who was one apart of Daytime’s biggest super-couple. On Y&R there were times when she didn’t jive with her Tracey Bergman and she was out-acted by Judith Chapman who can at least bring the heat when it is needed. So if you were to compile the top 50 actors in daytime based on acting talent. Well let’s just say she’d be #86.

816 Posts

@akbad806: Look if you followed his design for daytime they would have ended by 1993 if not sooner. You need to play the vets more who have the talent. This is the factual reason why most soap fans turned in in the first place and when I say most I mean 95%. So You play the characters most fans know and love and have been asking for more air-time for years over say the Molly Staten types of actresses which make the FF button the best invention since the microwave.

243 Posts

@David I like my soaps multigenerational with sudsy fare for everyone on the cast. That’s one similarity Passions and Y&R share/shared, both soaps feature/featured everything from the teens to the “greyheads” instead of being exclusive like GH, OLTL, AMC, and to a degree B&B and DAYS. You saw/see Julian Crane, Victor Newman, Ivy Winthrop, Nikki Newman, Tabitha Lenox, Katherine Chancellor, Jill Fenmore, Sam Bennett, Dr. Eve Russell, Paul Williams, etc and neither character is just filler. Why should Maggie and the Salem vets get any less?

816 Posts

@akbad806: They shouldn’t. But it was a few writers ago who decided that that you needed more teens when you already had the young adult Belle (Martha Madison), Shawn (Brandon Beemer), Mimi and Rex. You didn’t need to add another younger generation of teens until those characters reached about 30. Those four actor were your younger set. Yet as they tried to bring in the younger viewer which never fully happened they kept pushing the top actors to the backburner or giving them the same storyline for the umpteenth time while Molly Burnett overbited her way through bad acting day after day.

One thing you hit on was that Y&R and Passions were similuar in that repsect of multi-generation storytelling. Actually though for Passions it was the older characters whose stories were more interesting than the younger ones.

Y&R faired better with its younger characters though. And if say Passions had enlisted a writer of Bill and Agnes ilk to helm the show Passions had the makings of being a ligitimate well-respected soap. Then allow Mark Teschner to do the recasting and you’d be onpoint. Of couse to turn Passions around I always saw that you would have to chop the super-natural element. Phase it out the way Bill Bell phased out the Brooks and reset the show.

2901 Posts

I would like to see Caroline play the role of the spiteful bitch shrew. We saw some of that last year when she acted out and switched Parker’s paternity results. Deep down she is jealous that Victor has moved on with Maggie. I’d love to see Caroline working behind the scenes to screw them up.

Picture this:

Maggie asks Caroline if she has her blessing to pursue Victor. Caroline gives Maggie her blessing but immediately regrets it. Later, Victor joins Maggie at the Brady Pub for a date, and Caroline stews as she watches them together. Wanting to sabotage their date, Caroline pours a mickey of vodka into Maggie’s clam chowder! But before Maggie can take a bite, Caroline rushes over and spills the soup, claiming the clams were bad.

For a period of time, Caroline would secretly attempt to break them up before dropping the pretense and trying to seduce Victor herself.

It would be fun to find out Caroline is who Sami got her nasty bag of tricks from!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.