Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    9 Posts

I have heard for years that Y&R’s cast is the most unhappy on daytime and that there is endless backstage feuding, bickering, and cliques. However, aside from drama between Victoria Rowell and Michelle Stafford (and Christel Khalil), and Eric Braeden’s ego versus the world, I don’t know what the issues are.

From what I see on Twitter, it looks like the majority of the cast gets along. But obviously I’m missing something. Can anyone fill me in?

Avatar of alstonboy4315alstonboy4315
    853 Posts

Michelle Stafford is a power-hungry heifer who is intimidated by ANY actress who has an equal and/or greater amount of talent than she has. Notice how she mainly shares scenes with lightweights like Amelia Heinle? She likes to be in control and have ALL eyes on her, everyone kissing her overrated butt. I TOTALLY believe that there’s drama behind the scenes and she is at the root of it.

I also believe that Daniel Goddard is a poop-stirrer. I believe that most of the Y&R cast can’t stand him….and with good reason. He’s a slimy character who talks WAY too much about sex. I followed him on Twitter for five minutes and unfollowed him after it became clear to me that he’s slicker than an eel, and half as charming. Not really a fan at all. And Cane is the most USELESS character Y&R has cast this CENTURY!!

9 Posts

I do hear a lot of negative things about Michelle Stafford. Scientologists are all a little off from what I have seen. But I must say I still consider her my favorite actress from Y&R. Despite her over the top yelling and repeating the same words three times, she still can give me chills and make me tear up like no other.

I’ve always HATED the character of Cane and cannot stand Goddard’s acting… he’s even worse now that he has infused Cane with Caleb’s mannerisms. It’s funny that you should say that about Daniel Goddard and how he talks too much about sex. Just today I clicked on this link on Twitter and my eyes are still burning:

http://fb.me/1d4pxS636

Obviously he is a self-obsessed douche bag.

Oh, and know I don’t follow him – it was retweeted by Liz Hendrickson.

9 Posts

Fixed the link above… look at your own risk!

Alston – what’s the story about why Heather Tom quit Y&R and won’t return?

Avatar of alstonboy4315alstonboy4315
    853 Posts

Emblazoned,

I think Heather left because she was not happy with the direction the show was heading or Jack Smith’s writing. I think she’s far happier over at B&B with Brad Bell, because unlike Maria Bell, who treats most actors on Y&R like puppets who are only there to further her agenda, Brad actually RESPECTS his actors and values their input. If she complains over at B&B, Brad is going to be more willing to accommodate her, whereas Maria would probably just tell her to “Shut up and color.”

957 Posts

[quote=emblazoned]I do hear a lot of negative things about Michelle Stafford. Scientologists are all a little off from what I have seen. But I must say I still consider her my favorite actress from Y&R. Despite her over the top yelling and repeating the same words three times, she still can give me chills and make me tear up like no other.

Obviously he is a self-obsessed douche bag.

OH MY GOD, I don’t like him as an actor…but this is first time I have ever liked him after looking at that box…phew…that is HOT. Maybe DG can do a video like Warren Cuccurullo (from Missing Persons & Duran Duran) he was always HOT and not afraid of his sexuality….Warren did videos of masturbation and posted them online. He did a spread for a Brazilian gay publication also leaving nothing to wonder about…this Italian man is hung like a _______ fill in the blank ;) ;) ;) :p :p :p :p

9 Posts

The only video I want to see of Daniel Goddard is one of him getting fired – again!

Avatar of Restless VixenRestless Vixen
    15 Posts

I have some more specifics about HT’s objections about the show’s direction. This is all hearsay, so I’m making that disclaimer upfront. From what I heard, she was unhappy that Jack Smith was writing Victor as grooming Nick as his successor instead of Victoria. For those that remember, Nick was not super interested in working for NE/Jabot. That was actually a plot point as Victor really hated it when Nick bought Crimson Lights. For a while it looked like Victoria was her father’s right hand. Up until that point, Victoria was written as the female Victor, and Nick was written as being more like Nikki, not interested in business. I think once the show decided to keep Sharon Case, they were going to turn Nick and Sharon into the next Victor and Nikki and Victoria was going to get less SL (especially related to boardroom/corporate SL). All of a sudden, Victor had Nick working on projects, specifically acquisitions, something Nick never did before. I think the biggest reason though that HT left was that they were paying (or going to start paying) HT less than JM. Considering she was a fan favorite and an Emmy winner, that was not at all kosher with Ms Tom. That was what I heard was the dealbreaker. What’s more interesting is that EB fully supported HT asking for more money. I think EB always liked HT and had a soft spot for her.

816 Posts

@emblazoned: here’s the deal and most got some if it right. The year before HT left the show her storyline had been dwindling and she was reduced to a supporting player appearing only because of her contract. The show wanted to drop her guarantee per weeks as well have her take a salary cut. She balked and then they asked to go on recurring. Sound familiar (MTS)? So was offered to go to OLTL and she left when her contract ended. The press speculated it was about the money and screen time, but Heather has denied that even though these were the issues surrounding her contract negotiations. Yet when she is asked if she would ever go back she makes it clear that she is done with that part of her life. She’s nice about it, but for some reason she does not want to go back. I think she felt slighted there and treated like she was expendable and so she does not want to go back to Sony!

2901 Posts

[quote=emblazonedJust today I clicked on this link on Twitter and my eyes are still burning: http://fb.me/1d4pxS636/quote

Oh Lord in the morning! He must think he’s all that and more! Oy! He’s coming off of my twitter feed as well as my FB page too! Ugh!

the thoery of opposites
    1 Posts

Michelle Stafford is a real sweetheart. Do you know her personally or are you going off of rumors? I know of her through a very good friend and she is a truly, lovely person.

4 Posts

Stafford deserves a raise. She’s best when she’s not married. The soap would be better if Michael’s wife had a fatal illness. That way Michael could have a “front burner” story. His married life is boring. Sorry, Lauren. Jill will inherit some of the money & business. It would give Jill a more powerful story line.

Avatar of SoapArmageddonSoapArmageddon
    393 Posts

DG is hot. He’s also a self-obsessed, non-acting fool. There are a lot of places of the X-rated variety where I would’t mind seeing him, but not on Y&R.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.