Forums The Young and the Restless Y&R: BREAKING NEWS: NATE HASTINGS TO RETURN TO GENOA CITY!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    2901 Posts

Dr. Olivia Winter’s (Tonya Lee Williams) son is returning to The Young and the Restless, and he’s all grown up. Actor Walter Fauntleroy has been cast in the role of Nate Hastings, previously played by Bryant Jones in 2003. The character’s storyline hasn’t yet been revealed, but Nate returns to the canvas on February 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. I wish I could attach a pic of the guy because he is ONE HOT piece of eye candy! WOW!

Oh, is that too much gay showing through?! LOL

2901 Posts

I have wanted this for a while, and I truly hope Y&R doesn’t botch this. PLEASE set up a Devon/Roxy/Nate triangle!

Tonya Lee Williams said she’d be returning to Y&R after her B&B stint for a longer run, so I guess this is why. Cool!

2901 Posts

I’m loving Nate! The actor is handsome and well-cast. I’m not disappointed with the casting or storyline, so PLEASE don’t squander this opportunity, Y&R! Please put him and Tatyana Ali on contract and do up a Nate/Roxy/Devon triangle!!!

That being said, this is Y&R so I’m kinda worried…they have a habit of killing or fake-killing legacy characters (Colleen, Chance). Yikes…

Avatar of alstonboy4315alstonboy4315
    853 Posts

I haven’t seen the new Nate in action, but I do admit that he’s yummy!!!
    Maria finally did something right in the casting department. This ALMOST makes up for some of her other CARDINAL SINS!!! ALMOST……

However, I do wonder if Maria has forgotten that Roxy and Devon exist. They used to get the “1st and the 15th” treatment, and now they seem to come around less often than Y&R’s hair stylist. Shame, shame…….. J) J)

2901 Posts

It bugs me that they’ve made Devon so irrelevant. The less you show of a character, the easier it is to eventually get rid of him/her altogether without making a fuss. I guess Bryton has some nice “outs” in his contract that allow him to do primetime like The Vampire Diaries, but if I were an actor on a tv series like Y&R, I’d actually like to do some *acting* from time to time!

I bet they are testing the waters with Nate to see if he catches on. I hope he does–they managed to keep Deacon around when he’s barely relevant to these characters, so I hope Nate gets the same treatment (don’t get me wrong, I love Sean Kanan, but I never expected to see him back on Y&R after Adrienne Frantz left).

Also, I liked the way they brought Nate in through Ronan—it throws him in with another bunch of people rather than abandoning him on “Winters Island”. Can’t wait for nuNate/Olivia interaction next week!

72 Posts

I didn’t like his scenes in the hosptial but I did like his scenes with Lily and Malcolm. I would have assumed Chance and Nate would have been friends growing up but they didn’t seem to know each other at all. Also I would have thought he would have been happier to see Malcolm since he was his step father. How old was Nate when Nathan died? I thought he was quite young. Malcolm was the olny father Nate would have remembered right? It was like when CHance met P3, he was his father was a man named Ryan.
    Oh and too bad Nate is related to Lily, I thought they would be a great couple(I know Y&R isn’t GL but I thought Bill and Dinah would have been hot! I wish DC was cast as Joey so would have come true!)

2901 Posts

Olivia is back, but it’s disappointing. Nate and Olivia are in the same scenes, sometimes even the same SHOT, but they don’t speak a word of dialogue to each other! It was terribly annoying to not even get one quick “Hey Mom” scene. It’s ALL about Lily and the funeral. Everything else is just window dressing.

72 Posts

[quote=AlistairCrane]Olivia is back, but it’s disappointing. Nate and Olivia are in the same scenes, sometimes even the same SHOT, but they don’t speak a word of dialogue to each other! It was terribly annoying to not even get one quick “Hey Mom” scene. It’s ALL about Lily and the funeral. Everything else is just window dressing.[/quote]

That crap makes me mad! We talked about that in the thread about none of Jill’s children visiting Liz on her deathbed. To me, scenes with Oliva and Nate or when Nate visited Lily are the scenes I WANT to see. I still can’t believe that Jill, Kay barely even mentioned Cane while they were in the hospital with Chance. Then they decided to go the the V-day party at Glo-worm!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.