Forums The Young and the Restless Y&R Help: Katherine related!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    2899 Posts

My mom remembers racing home from school in the 70s to watch Katherine Chancellor attend her own funeral. Can anyone tell me what were the circumstances surrounding her presumed death? Thanks!

Profile photo of SmittySmitty
    877 Posts

AlistarCrane I got this from the soapcentral website on the character profile for Katherine Chancellor.  I think this should help you out.

Next Kay fell in love with and tricked hairdresser Derek Thurston into marrying her. Derek was really in love with Jill Foster! But Derek took Kay up on her deal. If he lived with her for a year, she would set up a $100,000 trust for Jill’s son and set Derek up in his own salon. Then Derek’s ex-wife Suzanne Lynch arrived in town, bent on getting Derek back. She befriended Kay, and gave her candy laced with drugs, which drove Kay into a sanitarium. Kay’s roommate went berserk and set fire to the room. Kay escaped, but the roommate’s body was identified as Kay because she was wearing Kay’s ring. Derek found himself free of both wives, inheriting the Chancellor wealth and free to marry Jill. But Kay showed up at their wedding – very much alive! Kay reclaimed her fortune and Derek, and named him head of Chancellor Industries. They went on a cruise, had a fight, Kay jumped overboard, and was rescued by Felipe Ramirez who held her captive. They fell in love, and he let her loose to return to her world where she divorced Derek.

Profile photo of Anonymous
    2899 Posts

Thanks Smitty! I actually checked out that profile, but I guess I scanned through it too fast. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.