Forums The Young and the Restless YR – Legacy Characters On Screen birth year
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SmittySmitty
    878 Posts

A lot of talk has been going on today about the SORASing of the role Abby Carlton so I thought it would be fun to check out some of the legacy characters and when they were born on screen. 

Heather Stevens — born on screen in 1979
    Victoria Newman – born on screen in July 1983
    Nick Newman – born on screen in December 1988
    Chance Chancellor – born on screen in 1988
    Chloe Mitchell Abbot (Kate Valentine) – born on screen in 1990
    Colleen Carlton -born on screen in 1992
    Nate Hastings Jr. – born on screen in 1992
    Billy Abbott – born on screen in July 1993
    Daniel Romalotti – wasn’t born on screen but came to Genoa City as a baby in 1994
    Adam Newman – born on screen in April 1995
    Lily Winters – born on screen in 1995
    Noah Newman – born on screen in 1997
    Abby Carlton – born on screen in 2000
    Kyle Abbott – born on screen in 2001

So just by taking a look at this you can see that Y&R just like all soaps have played fast and loose with the age of characters.  SORAS is apart of soaps.  Just these various characters you see none of them are around the correct age except for maybe Heath Stevens.  Heck she appears onscreen to be younger than Victoria.  Billy is supposed to be younger than Chance but it appears that he is older.  

I’m not gonna lie..at first when I heard about Marcy Rylan being recast as Abby I thought what in the world? Isn’t this girl in her mid to late 20s, but I thought about it and I’m fine with it.  Y&R needs these good young actors.  I think it’s a good move.  SORASing is about of soaps and I don’t really find it to be that big of a deal.  It gives us a good chuckle but at the end of the day we all want to see a good storyline.

Profile photo of SmittySmitty
    878 Posts

OH yeah I got these birth years from Wikipedia so I apologize if any are wrong!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.