Forums The Young and the Restless YR – MAB and Hogan Sheffer respond to viewer backlash!
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    879 Posts

Nelson Branco tweeted that in Friday’s edition of the Suds Report Maria Arena Bell and Hogan Sheffer will respond to viewer backlash!

I can’t wait for this!  I hope they address the lack of airtime for Melody Thomas Scott!  The ridiculous two doppelganger storylines.  The mess of the who killed Adam storyline.  They need to address when will we get back to Jabot vs Newman.  She also needs to answer why the "black" storyline has been nonexistent since she came on to the show! 

Can’t wait I hope they take responsibility for the mess that they have done to Y&R.  The past three weeks have been so hard to watch.  The show is unrecoganizable and if I hear the line "Nikki is babysitting Summer" one more time I am going to scream! 

47 Posts

Nelson Branco is such an idiot, i don’t think he will ask the right questions.

Avatar of alstonboy4315alstonboy4315
    853 Posts

Hmmm…..I know exactly what they are gonna do, they are simply gonna rehash and respout the same GARBAGE that they’ve been saying in their "Soap Opera Digest" and "Soap Opera Weekly" interviews AD NAUSEUM—-

Strategy A– They’ll try to convince us that William Bell wrote "out of the box stories" also, and since he’s their inspiration, and they are trying to follow in his footsteps, they have decided to "push the envelope" also. Newsflash: Bill Bell NEVER wrote the kind of contrived foolishness that Hogan and Maria are writing. He did at MAXIMUM one story about a crazy person a year!!! It was always rooted in character, and he NEVER, to my recollection, had characters PURPOSELY have plastic surgery to look like each other, and certainly not FOUR crazies running around town at the SAME TIME!!! They will list off all the "out of the box" stories that William Bell wrote in order to make themselves seem "saner." I will yawn and chuckle!!!!

When it comes to the lack of airtime of Melody Thomas Scott and the other characters (namely, black characters), she will do one of two things, either "promise us" that there is a story coming up for Melody and the other characters REALLY soon (just to shut us up for the time being, even though she’s lying or exaggerating) or she  will simply say what she’s always said "We try to use all of our great actors, but due to current storyline, we can’t always do that. We love Melody, and she is an irreplaceable addition to our show" BLAH, BLAH, BLAH………more yawning!!!

And, of course, they will CONTINUE to be glib about the possibility of Victoria Rowell returning, falling back on the old standby explanation "We don’t have room on the canvas right now for Drucilla to return, but we will revisit this in the future."

I will definitely be watching or reading their interview, but I already know what they’re gonna say—–the same thing that they’ve been saying all along—–ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Posts

I don’t expect any revelations from that pair — just the same old prattle.   I usually like Branco, but he seldom asks those two the right questions.

16 Posts

Where can I read the Suds Report or is this a broadcast?

879 Posts

On the TV Guide Canada website under the soaps section.  It comes out on Friday afternoon’s.  Usually Daytime Confidential will post a link to the article.

Avatar of WingsofCrystalWingsofCrystal
    1 Posts

I’m glad I’m not the only one that hates these stupid stupid storylines on Y&R!  I love the show and as Smitty said it’s been so hard to watch this drivel.
    Wings

16 Posts

Oooh, ok, thanks, Smitty! I’ve been reading comments about how nasty Branco can get, but I’ve never read any of his stuff or heard him speak.

19 Posts

So what about the awesome casting of Malcolm and MacKenzie that they were talking about months ago??? Now you barely see them on (thank God!) LOL.
     Hopefully someone will be in trouble for the mess of the show but you know it won’t happen. Unless the ratings continue to decline nothing will happen.
     So glad the Sarah and twins story is off (are the twins off for good?) and at least the Patti story is getting good again, and good to see Amber will be going back to B&B instead.
     Now really would be a good time to bring back Victoria Rowell as Drucilla, the show needs it so bad!

879 Posts

The article is up.  All I will say is what a waste of a good 10 minutes reading it.

http://tvguide.ca/Soaps/Suds/Articles/100507_suds_report_NB.htm

the thoery of opposites
    47 Posts

Branco is an ass kisser. MAB & HS are  delusional, they can’t get fired soon enough.

879 Posts

I know everyone is upset with Nelson for the interview but he can’t control the way MAB and Hogan respond.  He asked them some tough questions and mentioned the criticisms that he has given them.  MAB and Hogan refused to take responsibility for the horrible state that Y&R is in.  That’s not Nelson’s fault.

I agree Y&R has made some good casting choices with Eden Riegel, Stephen Nichols, and Marcy Rylan.

7 Posts

Such a shame because Hogan did some REALLY good work on ATWT long ago. He was compared to Marland. He seems to have lost his luster.

66 Posts

[quote=Smitty]I agree Y&R has made some good casting choices with Eden Riegel, Stephen Nichols, and Marcy Rylan.[/quote]

But a good performer needs good material to work with (see poor Sarah Brown having to slog through the muck the B&B writers are giving her).

66 Posts

[quote=Smitty]I agree Y&R has made some good casting choices with Eden Riegel, Stephen Nichols, and Marcy Rylan.[/quote]

But a good performer needs good material to work with (see poor Sarah Brown having to slog through the muck the B&B writers are giving her).

Avatar of coach.craigcoach.craig
    8 Posts

I,for one, was never a Dru fan,so I don’t miss her at all. Who killed Adam=Who cares? I mean,really.The original Adam had great chemistry with Ashley then shot himself in the foot by quiting over  one of the worst writing plots(Adam sleeps with Rafe)ever to come accross Y&R. Neil’s character has been ruined by horrible writing(Tyra anyone?)and he has zero chemistry with Ashley.The idea of Sheila’s sister  coming back was an interesting one but bombed from the start.In the end-Kevin let Daisy and Ryder just walk away?Stupid.

25 Posts

I am not surprised, Hogan destroyed all female character on ATWT: Meg went from a nurse to a waitress, Lucinda lost her company, etc.

He really hate woman and see then as weak and slutty.

He did the same with Y&R: Sharon suddenly start sleeping around, Phyllis beg Nick to stay with her 8 times, Nikki slept and got taken by David chow, Katherine Chancellor lost her company to Tucker.

Name me ONE really powerfull woman on Y&R NOW!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.