Forums The Young and the Restless Y&R/B&B: Olivia Barber to appear!
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    2901 Posts

Tonya Lee Williams will appear as Olivia Barber Winters on B&B for two episodes airing February 1 and 2 where it’s revealed she and Justin Barber are first cousins!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Tonya-Lee-1027430.aspx

Also, looks like she’ll be back on Y&R soon for a longer stint.

Avatar of alstonboy4315alstonboy4315
    853 Posts

I wish Brad would find a way to bring Victoria Rowell onto his show. He is notorious for snapping up all the actors that Y&R throws away!!

Case in point?? Don Diamont, Eileen Davidson, back when she got fired by Lynn Latham, Jennifer Gareis and Adrienne Frantz (even though she got her start on B&B!).

Brad understands that Bill Bell Sr. LOVED these actors and always gave them storylines that were worthy of their talents. Unlike Maria Bell, who wouldn’t know a good story if it bit her in her pampered Botoxed ass!!!!!

It will never happen, but I am still keeping my fingers crossed that my girl will find her way back to daytime soon!!!

2901 Posts

It wouldn’t make sense for Drucilla to live in LA when her husband is in Genoa City. And with Justin as Dru’s cousin, it would be hard for her to play another character unless she’s Dru’s twin. I want VR back, but I want her back on Y&R somehow. If Stafford and Bergman don’t like it, don’t write scenes between Dru and Phyllis or Dru and Jack. Simple!!!

853 Posts

Yeah, A-Crane,

I know my idea makes no sense, but I am simply grasping at straws. Victoria Rowell is my favorite soap actress EVER, and I would welcome her on ANY soap in ANY capacity, to be honest. But I agree, she belongs back on Y&R with the Winters family.

That seems unlikely to ever happen, though………….

Sigh……………. :tired: :tired: :tired: :tired:

Avatar of beans4metoobeans4metoo
    65 Posts

I hate to say it because I know she has SOOOOO many fans, but despite her great acting abilities, I don’t think Victoria Rowell will be asked back to ANY daytime show anytime soon. And I can’t say that I blame TPTB at CBS or other daytime dramas for not wanting to hire her. I totally agree that she has valid points about the lack of diversity in daytime and the lack of storylines for the minorities that are on daytime. And I think she has everyright to voice her opinion. That said, I think she goes about it in a harsh and obnoxious way and THAT is why she can’t get hired. What soap would want to bring that drama onboard? She also seems to (from what I’ve read) have conflict with many people that she has to work with.

Two ideals come to mind when I think of her:
    1- Its not the message its the DELIVERY. Speak your mind but do it in a way that is respectful to others and to the industry that helped make you a “star”.
    2-When there is conflict amongst people, look at the common denominator. It is VR that has conflict with several others, are we right to assume that they are all the ones in the wrong and she’s innocent?

Again, I think she is a talented actress. However, I think she has made her bed as far as getting hired in daytime. Any soap that hires her, would the other cast members would have to walk around on pins and needles hoping not to offend her? Would the writers not worry that they weren’t giving her enough storyline and she would have a fit? Her presence I would think would disrupt the entire production. Even in the normal rotation of storylines for characters, if she had some down time would she scream that it was unfair?

Please don’t get me wrong, her message is valid. One of my favorite storyliens (if you can even call it that with the lack of airtime it gets) on Y & R right now is the possible Malcolm/Sophia/Neil triangle and I think that the actress playing Sofia is UBER talented compared to the one playing Daisy. However, the Winters triangle is NEVER SHOWN and Daisy is on CONSTANTLY. So, I get that its unfair, but I also think that VR isn’t going to help change the matter in the way she is handling herself.

2901 Posts

Y&R is really being stupid by wasting Neil on Sofia and Malcolm. I say fire Sofia and Malcolm and pair Neil with Olivia (put her on contract—with Sofia and Malcolm out, they can totally afford Tonya Lee Williams). Then build Neil and Olivia as a couple. Imagine the excitement if Drucilla ever came back and found her husband and her sister together!

114 Posts

Alistair, It’s been done before, Olivia & Neil were together before Dru.

I would love to see Neil with the new lawyer! They would be hot together.
    Although I seldom agree with you, I think you are correct on the Chance Ronan theory.

Also, yes Dru could easily show up on B&B. Think amnesia, and only remembering childhood growing up with Justin. He could have her in a convalescent home.

2901 Posts

Yeah I know they were together—that’s why they should be together again!

65 Posts

Idylkng- Great idea about Dru and the convalescent home. They could also recast and explain away the new face as plastic surgery from the accident injuries. The only problem with that is B & B’s cast is already overloaded to the point of where we barely see half the cast now (paging Donna, Owen, Jackie, Bridget, Rick anyone?)B& B has great stories to tell but that doesn’t do us any good if the we only see that story or those characters once every few weeks.

853 Posts

Beans4metoo–

I am one of Victoria’s biggest fans, but I often disagree with how she delivers her message. It would be great if she could be tactful, smile and not have to call people out on their BS, but standing on the sidelines being complacent and passive-aggressive doesn’t seem to work in the world of soaps.

Just look at Tonya Lee Williams and Kristoff St. John….They come to work, do their jobs and don’t ruffle any feathers, and they have been reduced so far on the “food chain” at Y&R that they may as well be a part of the janitorial staff!!!! (No disrespect meant to all the janitors and/or cleaning service members out there!)

There seems to be NO way to get your message across other than to get in people’s faces and make them uncomfortable. That’s what Martin Luther King Jr, Malcolm X and all the great civil rights leaders of the 20th century had to do.

If they hadn’t been so proactive and willing to go against the grain, I’d hate to see where we as Black people would be today. Probably still sitting in the back of the bus.

So I agree with you, she isn’t always tactful, but she really doesn’t have any other choice. The MILLION DOLLAR question is: Will her rants and raves actually incite REAL change in the world of daytime????

That remains to be seen……………

the thoery of opposites
    65 Posts

Alston- I can definitely see your point. I too agree that minority actors are treated unfairly in daytime and it won’t change unless someone speaks up.However, I still think there is a more respectful way to handle it than VR embodies. I went online and did some research today just so I wouldn’t be talking out of my arse and if you look at her twitter account, nearly EVERY tweet for 2 pages was a snide comment directed towards Y & R, CBS and Sony. I really think she has sunk herself as far as being hired in daytime. As far as if her rants will actually cause change in daytime, unfortunately I don’t think they will. I say this because I feel that she is not perceived by those in the industry as just “speaking her mind” but instead she is perceived from her words and actions as being “crazy” and/or “difficult”. Is it fair? No, but I don’t see it changing with the path she is taking. One comment I viewed on her Twitter page was thanking the Bells for the Christmas cards and gifts she received and then telling them instead to invest the money spent in hiring a black writer for Y & R. Now, I felt that was snide and uncalled for. All I am saying is only my opinion and I only mean to say that her beef and message is valid, her delivery leaves alot to be desired.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.