Daytime television has been full of dangerous women practically since the invention of the soap opera. Perhaps the most lethal of all female soap characters is the lady gangster. Mobbed up femme fatales, [...]
The third in a highly personal, non-objective series highlighting various aspects of the last episodes of Guiding Light, which will end its 72 year run on September 18th.
The third from the last episode of Guiding Light was all about reactions [...]
One of the hardest tasks in all of television must be bringing a daytime drama to a close. In other realms of entertainment, plays and musicals can be resurrected through countless revivals. Primetime TV shows can come and go, yet have the potential to be re-imagined or rebooted [...]
* They should get Elaine Princi again.
* AW and AMC's Anna Stuart would work in a pinch.
* Victoria Wyndham replaced her to great success on AW, maybe it could work again?
* GL's Marj Dusay will soon be out of a job.
* Deborah Adair (ex-Jill, Y&R; ex-Kate, DAYS) could do it.
* If we're talking ex-Jill's why not Camp Queen Brenda Dickson?
* I always did want to see [...]
She'd been teased and mocked for years, no more so than in her competition with other, younger and, some would say, prettier hopefuls. Her appearance had been derided as "downmarket." She obviously couldn't afford fancy stylists and didn't have the finesse of [...]