I was watching my HBO guilty pleasure - The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency - and at the beginning of tonight's episode there was a promo for In Treatment. I don't watch In Treatment, but the promo caught my attention because I spotted ex One Life to Live star Sherri Saum.
You know how, when you see a celebrity or star and it immediately revives a memory of their past role or performance? Even after all these years, the first thing I thought when I spotted Saum was "Turkey Baster Storyline" on Sunset Beach. Do you watch In Treatment? If so, I'd love to know if you enjoy the show so I can decide if I want to watch it or not. READ MORE
Six soap alum have received Primetime Emmy nomations in the major acting categories at this year's 60th Annual Emmy Awards. From left to right.
- Kyra Sedgwick, the star of TNT's The Closer and who once appeared on Another World was nominated in the Outstanding Lead Actress category.
- Rainn Wilson, star of NBC's The Office and who once appeared on One Life to Live as Casey Keegan was nominated in the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series category.
- Holland Taylor, who stars on CBS's Two and a Half Men as Charlie Sheen's mother once starred on All My Children as Jill Ollinger. Taylor received a nomination in the Outstanding Supporting Actress in Comedy Series category.
- Bryan Cranston, the star of HBO's In Treatment once appeared on One Life to Live as Dean Stella. Cranston received an Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series nomination.
- Mary-Lousie Parker, the star of Showtime's Weeds and who once appeared on Ryan's Hope received an Oustanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series nomination.
- Alec Baldwin, the star of NBC's 30 Rock and once appeared on The Doctors received an Oustanding Actor in a Comedy Series nomination.
Congrats to them all!