Hey Days fans, hands up who’s still watching Days of Our Lives at the moment? If you’re not, I’m predicting you should start this week. Why? Rewrites people, I’m hearing plenty of RUMORS about storyline re-writes and re-shooting of scenes. Which is hardly surprising since the current ratings are pretty crap (let’s not beat around the bush here). Thanks to everyone who voted in the Denial Island poll last week, I wonder what you’re all looking forward to this week? To help you decide, here’s this week's preview (June 23 – 27) from Denial Island.
Jawn’s Disk of Memories
Well this storyline has come back to rear it’s ugly head once again; I for one, wish they’d lose the disk permanently, I’m loving nuJawn and don’t really care if we don’t see the real John return anytime soon. But back to the preview, Marlena finds out that Philip has the disk. How?? Well, he basically returns it to her, telling her what he’s found on the disk so far, but says he can go no further. It’s then up to Jawn what he wants to do with the disk next. In fact, the rest of the week’s scenes seem to be taken up discussing just this. Might I suggest just finding out what’s on it? Or is that idea too far out of left field? Jawn sees it my way and enlists the help of new lady friend Ava to find out its contents.
Not in the spoilers so much, but we know it’s happening. This week, the root of Theo’s developmental problem is revealed - he is diagnosed with autism. I’m really looking forward to this storyline, since Head Writer Dena Higley has first hand experience with this and therefore we should expect it to be somewhat realistic (remember, this is Days) and well written. We’ll see how Abe and Lexie start to deal with this, but it’s going to be a rough road ahead. Sounds like some gut-wrenching soap drama!
Max, Trent and Nicole
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Roscoe Born and Darrin Brooks kinda look alike? I swear some of Roscoe’s facial expressions just remind me of Max – or maybe it’s because they both have that similar butt fluff hair on their faces? LOL! Anyhoo, more people find out about Trent being Max’s biological Daddy this week, namely Steve, Caroline and Nicole (of all people) – so pretty soon, that will be everyone in Salem. Meanwhile, at a dinner date between Trent and Nicole, we learn a little more about Nicole’s past with Trent. In fact, Trent’s got some dirt on Nicole (but who doesn’t at this point), and tells her to keep her mouth shut.
I know there’s a lot of you eagerly awaiting these scenes, and from the SPOILERS, it sounds quite cute and romantic… until they run into Bope – aww man, that’s gotta suck on a first date! Maybe Bope plan it that way, since Chelsea tells Hope about the date beforehand, and we all saw Daniel ask Chelsea out in front of Victor last week, so it was definitely no secret. It doesn’t seem to affect the budding couple too much; on their date, they share a proper "first date" kiss. Aww... sweet.
EJ, Sami and Lucas
More demands for EJ to move out of DiMansion this week… didn’t we have this discussion last week? Really, I’m all for going green, but don't you think that recycling storylines is just taking it too far? MOVE ON PLEASE! Anyhoo, again EJ refuses to move out, and he and new buddy Lucas (wtf?) compare notes about Samantha and her history with men (again, wtf? Are these two bonding now? HUH?). Meanwhile, Nicole throws a few more spanners in the works, first by spilling the beans to Jawn that EJ and Sami's annulment actually is valid, and secondly by telling Sami just how close she and EJ came to sealing the deal the other night. Oooh! Sami definitely sees green and goes home to confront EJ! Woot! Get the popcorn ready y’all LOL. Meanwhile, Lucas is spending more time with new love interest Chloe, now that she knows his DiMansion jailbreak secret. They prepare for Chloe to report what Lucas saw down at the Docks the other day, having spotted Paul near the scene of the arson crime.
In Other, Shorter Storylines
- Morgan is on the rampage! First she lays into Jawn for his part in her father’s troubles, then Chloe tells her she saw Paul on the docks the night of the fire and Morgan calls her a liar.
- Tony and Anna re-appear on our screens, YAY! Anna’s boss tells her he’s closing down the company, leaving her out of a job. Of course nuHubby Tony offers Anna a job at his company which she accepts. I really hope they make something out of this storyline, because too often it seems that Tanna are the comic relief of the show, or filler storyline. I’m still annoyed we didn’t see Tanna’s wedding – what an opportunity that would have been for some cute romantic moments. Anna could have had Kate as her bridesmaid LOL.
Coming Up Next Week:
- Shorter week next week, no Days episodes on Thursday (3rd) or Friday (4th)
- 4th of July celebrations!
- Return of Doug and Julie - who have something to say about Chelsea dating an older man (uh oh - the spoilers say this, not me)
- Spoilers are saying Frances Reid may not be making her anticipated appearance as Alice Horton for the upcoming festivities
Make sure you tell us what are you looking forward to watching this week! If your most anticipated storyline is not a poll option, please leave us a comment instead.