Downton Abbey finally returns to U.S. airwaves this Sunday. Daytime Confidential has some teases to get you even more excited about the premiere! SPOILERS below!
1. Six months have passed since Matthew’s (Dan Stevens) demise and Mary (Michelle Dockery) is still devastated. Being devastated translates into Mary acting meaner than she did in Season 1.
2. A servant is fired from Downton.
3. An old (evil) face returns, which could mean trouble for Branson (Allen Leech).
4. Isobel (Penelope Wilton) isn't dealing well with Matthew’s death. Mrs. Hughes (Phyllis Logan) conspires to get the grieving mother involved with a new project.
5. Edith’s (Laura Carmichael) married beau comes up with a scheme so they can be legally wed.
Downton Abbey returns Jan. 5th at 9 pm EST on PBS.
Photo credit: PBS